Join our team
We are currently seeking a motivated individual that is able to combine both a strong technical background and business acumen to help us create a critical link between data analysis and business intelligence.
Our team is known within TELUS as a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and a great place to learn and develop. We have a culture of collaboration, recognition, and high-performance. Simply put, if you're bright, ambitious and eager for a challenge, this is the place to be.
Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
With your help the Profitability Analytics and Insight team provides advanced analytics, insights and unbiased recommendations to enable our stakeholders and leadership teams to make informed business decisions. Here's how
• Help propel our business forward by creating meaningful understanding of business drivers, issues, and opportunities while enjoying a high degree of autonomy
• Take the initiative to constantly and consistently apply your analytical and relationship skills to support TBS
• Support data-driven decision-making by enabling actionable insights from disparate data sources and implementing key innovation opportunities for stakeholders
• Implement best-in-class end-to-end analytical processes to drive operational efficiencies and improved decision-making
• Have the opportunity to showcase your ability to transform data into true business insight
• Mentor, coach and provide expert technical guidance to develop junior team members Qualifications:Your ideal profile includes
•Advanced background in both SQL & Oracle, comprehensive Data Visualization skillset specifically Tableau and internal reporting tools such as MySQL, & Lavastorm
•Proven ability to breakdown and simplify complex, ambiguous problems
•Understanding of telecom business models, measures and metrics
•Effective communication and interpersonal skills
•Naturally curious with a strong ability to work through obstacles
•Embodies ownership, takes initiative and is self-directed; able to effectively navigate ambiguity and change management
•Highly skilled in stakeholder management & communication, building strong relationships to establish cross functional alignment on projects and initiatives
•Expert storytelling skills, able to present to diverse audiences while tailoring your message to drive key business outcomes
•Ability to provided structured recommendations utilizing data analytics
•Able to manage projects from infancy through to completion Great-to-haves
•University degree and/or 5-6 years of equivalent combination of experience and education
•Fundamental understanding of Data Science techniques and its strategic impact to business
•Project management designation or comprehensive understanding of fundamentals Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.