2305 - 29 Street N.E., Calgary, Alberta, T1Y 0A4
Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.Why this role is important? Location: Calgary, AB
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.Why this role is important?
We are a leader in retail and pharmacy. Well-known and convenient, with an extensive store network servicing the needs of Canadians.
We are a Canadian success story of 50 years, created by recognizing needs, building relationships and focusing on doing what's needed for our patients and customers.
And right now, that means providing more ways to care through our pharmacy services.
Our Pharmacy team at our Central office is drives the strategy and service planning for our store pharmacies, to ensure our patients get the best and most innovative services to help them with their healthcare needs.
We help ensure Shoppers remains a leader in retail pharmacy, innovating new product and service offerings on a national and provincial stage, setting strategy, taking smart risks and responsibility for our recommendations, and getting things done.
Shoppers Drug Mart is one of the most recognized and trusted names in Canadian retailing, with over 1,200 Shoppers Drug Mart and Pharmaprix stores in each province and three territories. We are one of the most convenient retailers in Canada, proudly serving Canadians who believe being healthy means looking and feeling good.
Loblaw Companies Limited is Canada's food and pharmacy leader, the nation's largest retailer, and the majority unit holder of Choice Properties Real Estate Investment Trust. Loblaw - and its portfolio of grocery, health and beauty, financial services and apparel businesses - provides Canadians with an unparalleled mix of value, assortment and convenience, and offers Canadians two of the country's most recognized brands - President's Choice and no name.
The acquisition of Shoppers Drug Mart, along with the powerful Life Brand and Optimum brand, has only served to reinforce our leadership position in the marketplace. As well, our PC Plus program, omni-channel efforts, and multicultural merchandising offerings continued to be points of differentiation for our customer experience.
We are hiring a Pharmacy Assistant, Central Pharmacy Services.
You will be responsible for performing day to day operations for medication preparation and inventory management duties.What you'll do:
What you'll need:
- Prepare and package medications as per Pharmacy Standards of Practice, ensuring all relevant information and documentation is complete
- Accurately enter and maintain appropriate data within the applicable systems
- Ensure prescriptions are prioritized correctly in accordance with workflow
- Resolve technical issues by contacting IT Service Desk as required
- Prepare each prescription quickly and accurately
- Prepare prescriptions for delivery
- May be required to perform inventory management, under the direction and supervision of the pharmacist
- Unpack and receive pharmacy totes inside pharmacy in a secure environment
- Maintain proper storage of medications within the pharmacy according to 5S principles
- Ensure stock bottles are put away in accordance with established workflow
- Ensure narcotic inventory is detail received and records updated under the direct supervision of a Pharmacist
- Put away received pharmacy inventory in appropriate location in accordance with established workflow
- Prioritize recalls and immediately isolate product; quarantine until details of the recall are provided
- Ensure stock rotation is completed and expired product is removed from the shelf and returned in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Perform cycle counts in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures
- Ensure regular replenishment of pharmacy drugs and supplies
- Operate and maintain the automated dispensing equipment used to generate and produce prescriptions
- Ensure that the machines have the correct and necessary supply of medication within the dispensing unit to prepare the prescriptions
- Clean and maintain the equipment when necessary to ensure optimal performance
- Regularly read and action/implement view communication vehicles (e.g. Communication Binder, Communication Board, email)
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures and Pharmacist direction, and adhere to all legal requirements, including provincial and federal regulations and bi-laws
- Comply with all established loss prevention policies and procedures
- Maintaining cleanliness of work space according to 5s principles
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to easily navigate basic computer software
- Ability to prioritize work assignments
- Ability to adapt to change
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment where high attention to detail and accuracy is essential
- Ability to work and maneuver quickly and consistently for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time
- Positive, cooperative, and team-oriented attitude
- Previous Pharmacy Assistant experience preferred
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Why now?
We are currently focusing on our teams at Central office, to provide the best support to our Stores and their teams, and ensure our customers and patients are best served by visiting Shoppers.
For the Pharmacy team, that means continuing to review, understand and respond to industry and customer changes, by developing new initiatives and new services valued by customers and stakeholders. And we continue to ensure traditional services continue to be valuable offerings, provided efficiently and effectively to everyone's benefit.
And on top of that, every year, Shoppers Drug Mart employees at Central office, and in the stores of our Associate Owners, contribute more time, money and effort to great charitable causes across Canada.Why Shoppers?
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we have always remained true to our belief that the root of our success lies with our people. We pride ourselves on providing more ways to care about our patients, customers and community.
We offer unique work, and the benefits you would expect from a large corporation, all with a smaller company feel, as well as:
- A high energy and varied workplace that strives for and rewards excellence.
- Competitive pay structures, rewarding strong and consistent performance
- A highly customizable benefits plan, including a vacation purchase option
- Peer recognition programs
- Employee discounts on in-store purchases
- Opportunities for skill development and advancement in your work
- Learning and development through our Academy
- Strong culture of charitable and community involvement
- Unique chance to work with an organization that is committed to improving the health and well-being of Canadians
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.How you'll succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today. Employment Type:
Full time Type of Role:
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application. Please apply online: http://careers.shoppersdrugmart.ca/ Requisition Number:
R2000015474Why work in a Shoppers Drug Mart store?
Each store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, flexible and varied schedules, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your patients, co-workers, customers and community.
Associate Owners in the Shoppers Drug Mart network recognize Canada's diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities, and strive to reflect the nation's evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct - it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.