Consistently provide superior quality sales & fulfillment support to a group of Investment Management & Trust Counsellor(s) and clients with the objective of exceeding customer expectations. Accountable for executing on all aspects of Investment Management & Trust administration. Seeks, recognizes, and acts upon opportunities to expand business relationships with clients. Key Accountabilities
• Client & Relationship Management Client & Relationship Management
• Administrative/Sales Support
• Team Participation
• Risk Management
• Provide a superior level of courteous, knowledgeable, friendly and professional service to all existing and potential clients relating to investment management services consistent with delivery of the desired client experience Administrative/Sales Support
• Take ownership of client inquiries/concerns/complaints, ensuring timely resolution
• Develops a rapport and instills confidence with the client in order to develop credibility as a representative of the Private Bank
• Assists in preparing new business proposals or presentations to clients/prospects based upon their needs, BPB products & services, competitive pricing and committed service capabilities
• Assist the IC's in preparing for client meetings and account opening documentation
• Develop and maintain knowledge and understanding of integrated services and offerings, with a focus on investment products and procedures
• Perform required client sales & service support activities as required to meet client needs and maintain overall service levels
• Monitor cash management reporting (including overdraft reporting and large cash balances) Team Participation
• Ensure the timely and accurate processing of trade order management activities
• Ensure the proper adherence to account administration and maintenance
• Identify opportunities to increase profitability, create capacity and reduce expenses
• Recognize potential new business opportunities and refer/discuss them with the Relationship Manager (both within BPB and BMO as a whole)
• Undertakes other administrative responsibilities (including performance reporting, compliance, monitoring trade activity, and other related functions/duties)
• Provide after sales support and handle exceptions tactfully, accurately and efficiency in accordance with Bank policy
• Participate in internal projects and initiatives of varying scope and responsibility Risk Management
• Participate in team meetings and conference calls as applicable
• Take initiative, be accountable, and work in a team-orientated environment
• Cross trains with other individuals within support team to ensure coverage and contingency is maintained at all times. Shares knowledge with team members.
• Ensure proper adherence to all aspects of First Principles Our Code of Conduct and Ethics Additional Accountabilities
• Follow security and safeguarding procedures and apply appropriate due diligence for the prevention of loss due to fraud, counterfeiting, money laundering or defalcation in accordance with Bank policy
• Protect the Bank's assets by adhering to all banking, investment and lending regulations (as appropriate), Policies and Procedures, legal and ethical requirements, process requirements, bank guidelines and established risk guidelines
• Participate in audits and compliance reviews as assigned
• Accountable for monitoring the integrity of account documentation.
• Identify and escalate all irregularities and discrepancies to management.
•Participate in client presentations (Advanced) Knowledge and Skills Knowledge
•Support the Client Care role during peak periods and shortages
•Participate in research, analysis and marketing (Working)
•Project support/coordination (Working)
•Conduct PA Training (Working)
•Solicit referrals and suggest increased offerings (Working)
•Proactively identify and recommend opportunities for process improvement, customer service and technology
•Mentor new employees (Working)
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent industry experience Skills
• Working knowledge of BMO Investment Management products and services
• Working knowledge of BMO Platinum Banking & Trust products and services
• Investment industry experience (1-4 years)
• RISR (CSC most preferred)
• Strong customer service focus and good energy We're here to help
• Communication skills (Advanced)
• Able to multi-task
• Able to handle high pressure situations with tight turnaround
• Organization skills (Working)
• Advanced knowledge of computer applications (Word, Excel, Global Plus and Optimizer)
• Ability to deal with complex, controversial, and sensitive Investment Management issues (Advanced)
• Open to change and acts as a change agent for new initiatives (Advanced)
• Demonstrated history of responsiveness and problem-solving capabilities
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.