Company: O.E.M. Remanufacturing Company Inc.Posting End Date:
Mar 29, 2019Number of Opening:
Responsible for reducing entire powertrain assemblies in the medium and large component category down to the lowest level in the Bill of Materials (BOM). Job Description: Major Job Functions:
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, separating parts into categories: unsalvageable, requiring inspection and reusable
- Evaluation of cores will be required along with the completion of all documentation and tags
- The disassembly technician must also be able to understand and execute the scope of repair instructions
**Candidate selection will be in compliance with the terms of the current Collective Agreement**Specific Skills & Knowledge:
Education & Experience:
- Working knowledge of large air and hand tools, and safety equipment
- Understanding of powertrain components and how they function
- Ability to work unsupervised efficiently, and be part of a team environment
- Strong organizational & communication skills
- Minimum of one-year experience of disassembling components in an engine or powertrain environment
- This posting is for a static weekend shift scheduled Fri, Sat, Sun - 12 hours per day. The successful candidate will be required to complete training during a Mon - Thurs / Fri weekday shift and will move to weekends once they have sufficient experience.
- Ability to lift and handle material weighing up to 40 pounds
- Applicants must apply with either an updated Professional Profile on Workday or attached resume to be considered for pre-screening.
- A condition of employment is the ability to be fit tested and the ability to wear a respirator
Please note that any future shift changes that may occur will be made in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Collective Agreement.Union Membership
: You are required to become a member of the Union associated with this position. This will be effective immediately and will result in union dues being deducted from your pay. The terms and conditions of your employment will be governed by the collective agreement.
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.