Preventative Maintenance MillwrightSlave Lake, Alberta
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Preventative Maintenance Millwright develops, performs, coordinates, and documents preventative maintenance of all mechanical equipment, building, grounds and utility systems (Boiler and pumps). With a major emphasis on chain – belt conveyor, dryer, air compressor, electric motor, bearing system, hydraulic and pneumatic system, pumps, electric components, Thermal oil system, pipeline, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), boilers, hot and chilled water loop chemistry, plumbing, and electrical systems using a Preventative Maintenance Computerized Management System and specialized tools and other equipment.Qualifications:
- initiative and ability to work with minimal direction/monitoring
- sound judgment and decision-making capabilities are essential
- general knowledge in repairs, installation, modification, and maintenance of mechanical equipment, hydraulic, chain – belt conveyor, gear boxes, pumps, cardan drive system, bearings and other mechanical components, electric motor and more
- general knowledge of building construction and all related framing components, subsystems
- general knowledge of line voltage and low voltage electrical systems, piping, conveyor system, and mechanical equipment/HVAC systems, fire/security systems and maintenance trades
- general knowledge of maintenance/grounds equipment operation, maintenance and repair
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Successful recent work experience in a field related to this position
- Valid Alberta Driver’s License
- Possess or have the ability to become a certified vibrate, ultrasound and thermo scan Millwright
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by our customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan. And, through our community investment strategy, we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work. Whether we’re providing jobs, volunteering or giving through donations, we work to make our communities stronger and more vibrant through active participation.
When you join Tolko, you’re saying yes to a company that has been built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity they need to build great lives.
We’re more than an industry leader. We’re the place where you succeed as our most valuable resource!We offer:
For more information, check out our latest YouTube video!A Career With Tolko Is More Than A Job
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Diverse opportunities
- An open, innovative culture
- A positive, dynamic work environment
- Technical and leadership training to ensure you work successfully and safely
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
It’s pride in what you do. It’s making a difference every single day, working side-by-side with people you respect.
Explore our opportunities, submit your application, and join a company that works for you, your family, and your community!If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.comWe thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn
, and Twitter
to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.
Maintenance and Technicians