Process Automation Service ManagerTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Process Automation division delivers complete electrification and automation solutions, industry-specific products and lifecycle services across industries. Engineering and delivering automation solutions from device to monitoring and control make our customers get more out of their investment; digitalization solutions including collaborative operations and augmented reality help improve plant and enterprise productivity, reduce maintenance and energy costs. Our engineering, project management, services and solutions portfolio covers a wide range of industries - Mining, Pulp & Paper, Metals, Aluminum and Cement, Data centers and Food and Beverage.In this position, you will implement Service strategy and supports Service growth locally at the respective local units. Lead the PA Service Function and is responsible for the service business to achieve performance targets, optimize the utilization of service resources and drive operational excellence.Your responsibilities
- Drive implementation of the Service strategy as a member of the local management team and ensure corresponding plans are implemented consistently in the Service organization through collaboration with other businesses/hub.
- Drive, implement, report, and monitor performance targets as part of the global (or)local unit P&L.
- Run the day-to-day Service business to ensure profitable growth and improvement of Service productivity. Implement agreed delivery and performance standards to ensure consistency in quality and customer satisfaction.
- Execute the (global) service and delivery sales channel strategy within the local unit. Drive consistent development of processes and practices based on customer feedback.
- Invest in improving the quality of existing Service products and support.
- Develop new service support solutions to expand the portfolio in line with local division direction.
- Be responsible for improving operational excellence through the Quality Management System and the implementation of new service tools.
- Ensure the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guide, motivate and develop direct and indirect subordinates.
- Engineering degree / Technologist diploma with MINIMUM 10 years' experience managing/leading service teams.
- Demonstrated commitment and dedication to creating and sustaining workplace safety, strong foundation in Safety Management systems and practices in an industrial environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite; SAP Service Module; Service Management Software Applications (e.g. MSA, SalesForce Service Package).
- Experience with industrial installations in a variety of industry sectors (e.g. mining; refining; oil & gas; pulp & paper).
- Experience and familiarity with DCS and applied systems.
- Strong process development and implementation skills.
- Proven ability to collaborate and harmonize operations across businesses with different strategies.
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our websitewww.abb.com.For the 4th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada's top employers by Forbes Magazine and has been ranked #1 within the industry category. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, and Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.#LI-Remote
Management and Executive Maintenance and Technicians