Finning International Inc. Number of Openings:
The Process Automation Specialist collaborates with internal business teams to assess automation opportunities and document process design for business automation projects. The Process Automation Specialist will serve as a subject matter expert on business process automation and help drive future opportunities for automated solutions to grow the global automation portfolio. This role will be instrumental to the successful development of automated solutions through process mapping, process optimization efforts, and the collection of requirements. Responsibilities will also include regularly updating and reporting on the global automation portfolio and helping to drive the prioritization process through the identification of anticipated business benefits.Job Description: Major Job Functions:
Business Process Automation Engagements (80%)
- Serve as a subject matter expert on business process automation, assist in educating business areas, and lead process discovery to help to identify automation candidates across the organization.
- Support the intake of automation ideas by developing process maps, measuring anticipated business benefit, and documenting requirements to prepare initiatives for development.
- Identify and lead business process optimization opportunities to maximize the benefit of process automation candidates.
- Work with Business Process Owner(s) and Subject Matter Expert(s) to develop a deep end-to-end understanding of processes automation candidates and outline the impacted processes and business requirements along with associated risks and mitigations.
- Organize and lead review sessions with business stakeholders and Business Application Services (BAS), ensuring all process details and requirements are accurately captured and organized.
- Provide regular updates to the organization on automation initiatives, maintain the record-keeping of global automation initiatives, and follow up on initiatives until completion.
- Build relationships with stakeholders across the organization and assist them to identify future opportunities for process improvement and/or process automation.
Operational Excellence Engagements (20%)
- Support small - mid-sized operational excellence engagements following the appropriate Finning Project Excellence, Lean, and Continuous Improvement methodologies (value stream mapping, root cause analysis, waste elimination, etc.), soliciting the required subject matter expertise.
- Support Process Improvement Leads in process improvement engagements as required.
- Help to translate business challenges and needs into improvement ideas by identifying and engaging collaboratively with project sponsors, business owners, and stakeholders from multiple internal departments.
- Post-secondary certificate or degree in Business, or related field.
- 1 - 4 years of working experience managing, large complex projects.
- Solid knowledge of various project management methodologies
- Experience in capturing requirements for technology development is considered an asset.
- Experience implementing process improvement or continuous improvement initiatives.
- PMP Designation considered an asset.
- Lean or Six Sigma training considered an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of various productivity programs including; Microsoft Office Suite; project management tools and software.
- Knowledge of business improvement methodologies, Lean, Continuous Improvement, Six Sigma.
- Strong customer-facing skills with the ability to build strong relationships across the organization.
- Strong project management skills and strong stakeholder management skills.
- Effective presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and accept responsibility without authority.
- Ability to manage deadlines effectively.
- Must be fluent in English (verbal and written), Spanish would be an asset.
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.