March 28, 2019
Reporting to the General Supervisor, Processing, the Process Engineer is responsible for supporting sustainable and effective process operations. This includes supporting the optimization of plant performance through analyzing process results, performing process and lab tests, and implementing technological improvements and system changes. Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Contribute to an environmentally sound processing system through the application of Teck Coal environmental controls and procedures
- Become an authority on Coal Processing from a technical and operational level
- Maintain sustainable operations by supporting the development of all required procedures
- Ensure all systems and services are in place and recommend personnel and training required
- Monitor and evaluate the quality and quantity of all production, and maximize process efficiency on an ongoing basis
- Ensure responsible operation by scrutinizing all process recommendations utilizing management of change and environmental risk assessment methodologies
- Support process data quality assurance processes
- Support continuous improvement including providing recommendations on process and cost improvements
- Participate in the production process by communicating with operations personnel
- Evaluate, design, and commission capital projects for the processing facility
- Degree in Mineral Processing, Metallurgical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, or other related discipline
- Registered or eligible for registration with The Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA).
- Experience in coal processing and active mining operation is considered an asset
- Working knowledge of process analysis methodology
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and organizational skills
- Supervisory skills, as well as the ability to excel in a technical team environment
- Ability to obtain consensus across a diverse group
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
#LI-JB1 Job Segment:
Process Engineer, Materials Science, Metallurgy, Chemical Research, Engineer, Engineering, Science
- Apply Now
- Apply with LinkedIn
- Please wait...