PMO Global Services (2011) Inc are recruiting for the role/s of Process Safety Engineers. These roles are based in Calgary, servicing our key clients. Candidates must be fluent in verbal and written English.
PMO Global Services are a Canadian based company with global operations, providing world leading services in:
- Health, Safety and Environment Management;
- Process Safety and Safety Engineering;
- Regulatory and Compliance;
- Security and Risk Management;
- Project Management; and
- the provision of skilled personnel for operations across a range of industry including oil and gas, petrochemical, mining, nuclear, energy and construction.
The key responsibilities of this role may include:
- Safety Engineering, including PHA, Safety Case, Siting Studies, Risk Analysis, Firefighting Philosophies etc.
- Managing technical safety requirements for client projects, including HAZOP / SILA, Human Factors Engineering, PFP & AFP such as Fire Water systems, Fire Zone Drawings and Firewater System Design.
- Facilitation of PHA reviews including, HazOp, HazID, LOPA, SILA reviews.
- Participate in project reviews including fire risk assessments, 3D model reviews, plot plan reviews, HAZOP’s and tracking action items to completion.
- Coordinate with client to incorporate Loss Prevention into design.
- Dispersion modelling using PHAST.
- Technical report writing and review.
- Applying fire and gas detection philosophy to projects, including reviewing of cause and effect diagrams.
- Develop project required safety documents including Project Execution Plan, Risk Management Plan, Loss Prevention Philosophy and Safety Plans as required.
To be successful the ideal candidate requires:
- Knowledge in NFPA, API, IEC and other safety related codes, standards and recommended practices.
- Process Hazard Analysis Training [PHA Facilitation].
- SIL Assessment, Validation and Verification training.
- Software capabilities including PHAST and PHA Pro.
- Minimum of 8 years Process Safety exposure in oil and gas onshore.
- Inherent knowledge of domestic regulatory requirements.
- Fluent in verbal and written English.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably with area of study in Mechanical, Chemical, Process Engineering.
- PEng designation is preferred.
Successful Candidate can expect:
- Competitive salary based on experience and industry standards.
- Bonus system.
- Comprehensive health benefits.
- Flexible working environment.
- Training and development opportunities.
PMO Global Services will not accept telephone communications from candidates at this stage. Only applicants that meet the minimum requirements will be reviewed. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please direct resumes with covering letters to email@example.com with ‘Safety Engineer’ as the subject.
Posted: October 27, 2018
Closes: December 22, 2018