May 29, 2019
Reporting to the Plant Processing General Supervisor, the Processing Supervisor will coordinate activities with the Process group to ensure a balance between operational performance and maintenance requirements. Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Develop and maintain a safe work environment through compliance with Teck's Health & Safety Program
- Administer the collective agreement, safety and mine regulations and environmental regulations in a manner consistent with policies and procedures
- Participate in industrial relations and safety investigations as required by the General Foreman
- Schedule and execute plant production and railing to meet sales requirements
- Maximize plant yield and throughput while ensuring product quality meets customer specifications
- Prioritize and manage the plant process and execution of daily requirements
- Set and effectively communicate goals and objectives for the operation crews
- Previous experience supervising operating crews in a multi-tasking, fast paced environment
- Possess a strong technical and operational background
- Previous experience with plant process is an asset
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite®: Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to multi-task and to meet challenges directly
- The ability to meet deadlines is essential
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- The individual must be a strong leader with a proven track record of mentoring and motivating individuals
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources Job Segment:
Manager, Social Media, Sustainability, Coal Mining, Management, Marketing, Mining, Energy
- Apply Now
- Apply with LinkedIn
- Please wait...