At EVRAZ, our strength starts with our people! As a team we collaborate to solve problems, contribute ideas and challenge each other to ensure growth and ultimately success for the business and our employees. Job Description and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Processor will be responsible for vehicle processing and draining appropriate fluids from cars and removing non-ferrous material.EVRAZ is committed to maintaining and promoting a safe, healthy and injury-free environment. It is required for all jobs.
- Drain appropriate automobile fluids (gasoline, antifreeze, etc.) to assist with the processing of vehicles
- Remove the catalytic converter from vehicles as needed
- Notifies appropriate personnel of any procedural abnormalities
- Keeps work area clean
- Observes and follows all safety rules and regulations
- Remove tires and rims from vehicles
- Performs other duties as they might be assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- No experience necessary but previous work experience in a manufacturing, production, or similar scrap yard/auto part environment will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of automotive components is an asset
- Able to meet the physical demands of the position including standing, walking, sitting, climbing, crawling, kneeling, bending, moderate to heavy lifting, and pushing and pulling
- Willing and able to work in variable weather conditions including hot, dry summer conditions and cold, harsh winter conditions
- Organized and able to prioritize competing priorities
- Strong communication skills - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally, over mobile radio devices and in writing
- Polite and friendly with a customer service orientation
- Strong work ethic - uses time efficiently
- Able to work with minimal supervision/general oversight
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work (remote location, not accessible by bus)
Our total compensation package includes amazing benefits!
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.While we thank all those who apply, only those being actively considered for employment will be contacted. Equal Opportunity Employer
- Competitive wages and bonus opportunities
- Family medical, dental, and prescription coverage at minimal employee cost
- Short and long term disability programs
- Competitive retirement plans
- Paid vacations and statutory holidays
- Apprenticeship and career advancement within the company
- Tuition reimbursement
EVRAZ North America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
EVRAZ North America is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
or call: (312) 533-3577. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. Join a team that manufactures excellence, drives success and builds careers!