We're looking for a Procurement Specialist to live at the heart of Hootsuite's purchasing process, enabling stakeholders through sound purchasing decisions and ensuring we get exceptional value from vendors. You'll run point on purchases for business units across the organization, working collaboratively with internal stakeholders, partnering closely with support groups and leading vendor negotiations. While based in Hootsuite's Vancouver or Toronto office (post COVID-19), you will report to Senior Manager, Procurement.WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Act as the first point of contact when people access Procurement, conveying Procurement's subject matter expertise and commitment to prompt and efficient purchasing
- Project manage a high volume of diverse purchases from across the organization, acting as a central hub that brings together business partners, Hootsuite's control functions ( like Finance, IT, Legal, Privacy, etc.) and Hootsuite's supply chain
- Identify, present and execute appropriate procurement and sourcing opportunities that meet the needs of the business
- Work closely with business partners to understand their needs, keep them informed at all times, provide strategic advice on purchases and educate them on the purchasing process
- Develop negotiation strategies working collaboratively with business stakeholders and implement those negotiation strategies when engaging with vendors
- Help develop and implement global processes to streamline and scale Hootsuite's purchasing process
WHO YOU ARE:
- Experience: Considerable years of demonstrated procurement / purchasing experience, including a familiarity and comfort level with software / SaaS purchasing
- Customer Focus: demonstrates a desire to proactively help and serve internal/external customers meet their needs
- Priority Setting: focuses time/energy on the most important issues/opportunities. Clearly understand how to assess the importance of tasks and decisions
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Problem Solving: uses an organized and logical approach to find solutions to complex problems. Looks beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems
- Negotiation: successfully obtains commitment to a solution or idea, while maintaining integrity and relationships
- Interpersonal Savvy: relates openly an d comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
In all we do, our six guiding principles light the way: Step Up:
Show the world what it looks like to live and work by these guiding principles. #StepUp One Team:
Make Hootsuite a place where everyone feels safe, welcome, valued, and empowered to do their best work without compromising who they are. #OneTeam #FreeToBeMe Customer Obsessed:
Focus relentlessly on helping our customers succeed. #CustomerObsessed Go Fast, Be Agile:
Widen our competitive advantage by committing to speed and simplicity over perfection and complexity. #GoFastBeAgile Play to Win:
Commit to building an incredible, profitable company for our customers, our employees, and our stakeholders. #PlayToWin #NoExcuses Neighbours & Allies:
Give back to our communities and be an ally. #SocialForGood #Allies
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Customer Service and Support