family of companies is an online grocery delivery business with integrated operations through our Be Fresh
and Blush Lane
markets in Western Canada. We are a passionate team of nice people, who want to make a difference. We believe that food touches every aspect of our lives so we value sustainable farming practices, sourcing local, treating animals humanely, and reducing food waste. As a certified B Corporation since 2013, we are committed to responsible business practices that are socially responsible.
If our values resonate with you, and you want to learn, grow and develop within a with a team that inspires, shares knowledge, and cares, then please apply! We are growing, innovating, and it's our great people that make it fun to come to work every day. SPUD.CA
is looking for a full-time, permanent Produce Prepper
based out of our Calgary, AB warehouse
(#3 3200 14th Avenue NE). This shift is
4:00 am - 12:30 pm Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday.
We are growing and love to promote from within plus you will receive 20% off of all our cool, local products!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Primary Tasks:
- Prepare fruits and vegetables (weigh, clean, trim and portion) to ensure the freshest and best quality produce on a daily basis.
- Report any quality issues to produce managers - shortages, poor quality, etc.
- Maintain inventory of supplies (bags, tape, clam shells, trays and lids) and report shortages to managers.
- Stock produce line with prepped produce.
- Keep prep area clean - regularly breaking down and removing cardboard, sweeping and mopping, removing empty bins and cases, wiping down counters and cleaning sinks.
- Secondary Tasks:
- Assist pack line team accurately pack customer orders on time, with close attention to detail, making their grocery dreams come true!
- Conduct daily inventory counts.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Experience working with produce is preferred.
- Experience in a warehouse setting and/or within the grocery industry would be terrific!
- Produce prep experience is an asset.
- Punctuality and productivity.
- Ability to make quick quality decisions.
- Team spirit and willingness to work together.
- Enthusiasm, energy, and a positive attitude!
- $14.00 per hour starting wage.
- A 20% discount on purchases.
- Extended healthcare benefits (effective the first of the month after the 90 day probationary period for employees working an average of 24 hours per week +).