Under the direction of the Associate Manager eCommerce Operations, this position is responsible for owning the online product content experience; creating and maintaining all product based content for all Canadian SKUs: including images, titles, copy, hierarchy, specs and attributes. Responsible for sourcing and proofing images, product information from all available sources (including suppliers) and communicating with internal customers to effectively support product content needs and priorities. In addition, this position will be responsible for educating stakeholders on best practices, ensure standards are met and working closely with digital/SEO departments to ensure business objectives are executed. This position leverages heavy use of Microsoft Excel to review, sort and process large sets of data.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Content Creation (70%):
• Work closely with stakeholders and vendors to collect, maintain and enhance product listings. • Collect descriptions, key bullets, attributes and images needed for item setup. • Execute consistent product based content strategy. Educate stakeholders & vendors on best practices • Maintain product descriptions, selling features, attributes for the master record in product databases • Maintain online tools like search filters to ensure an easy customer shopping experience. • Continually improve site presentation by utilizing customer feedback/reviews, sales data, website metrics, competitor reviews and other sources regarding base level content. • Participate in special projects as required.
• Proof and edit and proactively review content to ensure accuracy and consistency with copy, images and product presentation while meeting established deadlines • Identify and correct errors (ie. images don't match descriptions, key missing attributes, spelling) and contribute to improving product hierarchy, sorting and search results.
• Work closely with Bilingual Content Specialists to ensure timely execution of French product
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Working knowledge of web content management systems. • Strong computer skills and an ability to learn new software is critical • Working knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with databases. • Strong working knowledge of Excel • Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks, problem solving and managing to deliverable dates. • Strong oral/written communication and interpersonal skills. • Bilingual preferred but not required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• Office Environment
• 1-3 years of website content management systems. • Retail experience preferred
• Completion of post-secondary education with focus on ecommerce or related experience. • Business/Marketing management degree preferred.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.