Permanent Reference code
:113909 Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
Calgary, AB; Toronto, ON Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
Do you believe that digital technology has the power to make the world more connected and informed, as well as offer new answers to the most complex challenges? If so, Deloitte is the place for you! We are looking for creative thinkers who love innovating and building tech products that transform our clients' businesses, being at the forefront and intersection of technology and industry, solving the coolest problems at scale, and contributing to the future of Deloitte as part of the expansion and evolution into tech products. Help bring the power of digital technology to our clients and transform their operations using leading edge technologies.What will your typical day look like?
As the Product Owner within our Industrial Smart Operations (ISO) team, you will be responsible for shaping and driving the go to market strategy, development, and sustainment of our Asset Ecosystem (AE), an Energy Resources & Industrials (ER&I) product suite. AE is a Growth Platform portfolio that is strategically funded for Deloitte Consulting. Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Engage with a cross-functional team, including UI/UX Designers, DevSecOps, DesignOps, Quality Assurance, Engineering and Architecture.
• Run as 'startups' within Deloitte, which includes strategy, financials, go-to-market, and product evolution.
• Manage the product lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities and from envisioning to market readiness, for the creation of prototypes, demos and MVP builds.
• Developing software product strategy through all stages of a product's lifecycle by defining clear business requirements, product features, use cases, and user stories.
• Executing on product feedback activities and reviewing customer specifications, user experience observations, field reports, bugs etc.
• Work closely with the engineering / consulting team to estimate effort, set scope and define timelines for all new development initiatives.
• Provide objective analysis of a potential market opportunity to provide a basis for investment and feature delivery.
• Gather and prioritize market, customer, and internal feedback and requirements; own the roadmap and backlog.
• Contributing to client relationship development and marketing & sales collateral creation.
• Inspire and motivate teams to innovate and nurture a dynamic product culture.About the team
We provide you with purposeful work, enable flexibility in how you work, develop you to be an inspiring leader and empower you to grow in your career.
Our team is based in Calgary, Toronto and Vancouver, focused on Energy, Resources & Industrials (ER&I). We are committed to delivering a suite of tech-enabled, interconnected tools and accelerators that will allow asset-heavy companies to manage their physical assets and/or infrastructure and to transform their operations in ever-changing business environment.
We accomplish this goal by:
• Using Artificial Intelligence (AI) and image analytics to quickly gather information from existing sources to provide a comprehensive registry of assets.
• Improving data quality for high volumes of asset information by automating the processes and leveraging industry standards and experts.
• Automating the process of developing fit for purpose and effective maintenance strategies.
Benefits & Flexibility
Our Next Normal
Work is what you do, not where you do it. Deloitte's Next Normal is a new framework because our people and clients need both flexibility and choice to do their best work. See more @ What is Deloitte's Next Normal?
Flexible Hours & Deloitte Days
Deloitte is committed to providing our people with the combination of opportunities, benefits and flexibility plans that suit them. From sabbaticals to part-time options and banking pay for paid time off, we empower our people to design an option that works for them and the business. See more @ Flexibility |Deloitte Canada |Careers
Childcare, Parental & Health Benefits
Whether you are fresh out of school, starting a family or in any phase of your life, Deloitte has a variety of programs that you can tap into when needed. From health benefits to flexible work arrangements, you can build the plan that works for you. See more @ Benefits |Deloitte Canada | Careers
Professional Development & Deloitte Mentorship
Deloitte has a variety of special programs to push your career to the next level including our personal learning platform, tailored @ service-specific learning programs and mentorship. See more @ Learning and Development |Deloitte Canada |Careers
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
DEI is embedded in Deloitte's Purpose, shared values and Code of Conduct. We keep working diligently to understand and address systemic barriers and inequities.Enough about us, let's talk about you
What you will bring to the role
• 5+ years' software product management experience in a technology-focused market.
• 5+ years' experience in Energy, Resources, and Industrials (ER&I), ideally focusing on data governance, asset hierarchies, and asset care strategies (i.e., Enterprise Asset Management (EAM), Asset Performance Management, Asset Lifecycle Management & Predictive Maintenance).
- Capabilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Representing the customer voice and understanding user problems (e.g., user research).
- Working with product teams through product planning, customer/product discovery, and product development.
- Delivering MVPs to address user problems in the cheapest/fastest way.
- Designing effective user experiences to address meaningful problems.
• A track record of successfully identifying and targeting an addressable market for a product, launching new products, enhancing and scaling them through feedback loops and release management. Ideally, you have worked with several early-stage companies and have helped them scale/mature.
• Experience in the software development life cycle (SDLC) and/or product development life cycle (PDLC).
• Experience leading, teaching and mentoring in agile methodologies/scrum, best practices and critical tools is a bonus.
• A combination of strong technology knowledge and strong business acumen, including the ability to explain analytical outcomes and technical roadblocks in business terms.
Exposure to any of the following areas would be helpful, but not mandatory
• Data Analytics and Business Intelligence
• Operations Centre of Excellence, Operational Technology, and Data Strategy (including IT/OT convergence, Digital Twins, Field Worker of the Future, Remote Operations)
• Operations, Process, & Value Chain Optimization
• Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
Lead yourself. Lead a team. Lead the firm. It's all possible at Deloitte
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Product Manager, Embedded, Marketing Manager, Marketing, Operations, Part Time, Technology
Management and Executive