As a Product Marketing Manager at Sophos, you will be responsible for the story that we tell about your products both internally and externally. You will support this with world-class materials, online content, messaging, and positioning for the products. You will be the driver for all outbound marketing activities for your products, and you will work with regional field marketing teams across the world to develop innovative marketing programs that drive demand and revenue. Attention to detail, a sharp pen, and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into tangible benefits is crucial.
This role is dedicated to owning and driving Sophos’ marketing efforts for our Data Protection and Mobile products, which help companies secure their data, mobile devices, and applications wherever they may be. These products are central to Sophos’ product strategy with growing adoption and revenue. The product management and development teams are located in Austria, Germany, and Belgium, so you must be willing to travel to those locations on occasion.
*This role is flexible, and can be based anywhere in Canada.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates the products in the market
- Sales enablement: Communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools needed to support the selling process. Deliver training, presentations, and demos as necessary to help sales, partners and prospective customers understand our value.
- Product launches: Plan the launches of new products and lead the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Market intelligence: Have a complete understanding how your customers buy and their buying criteria. Become the expert on your competition, and how to win against them.
- Demand generation: Work with campaign and field marketing teams to develop the strategy and marketing programs that drive demand for your products.
- Press and Analyst support: Work with Corporate Communications team to brief analysts and press as required.
- Partner with Product Management counterparts and commercial teams to support the go to market plans (channel programs/promotions, product positioning, sales briefs, promotions, PR activities).
- Frequent engagement with the Sophos sales team, channel partners and distribution (gathering first hand feedback and to motivate others to champion the Sophos product set).
Experience and Skills
You will have proven Product Marketing or Product Management experience, and a good understanding of midmarket IT teams, the partners that serve them, and ideally some knowledge of the data protection and/or Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) market as well as of corporate security software. You will be a natural evangelist, able to excite partners and sales teams about your product vision and the commercial opportunities. You are an innovative thinker and willing to share your ideas to influence people in all parts of the organization to maximize the opportunity for Sophos.Essential:
- Product Marketing or Product Management experience in a high-tech environment
- Experience of working in collaboration with a diverse range of business functions and customers to drive change and achieve delivery
- First rate communication and presentation skills, and experience of interacting with different areas of the business
- Analytical, strategic, and data driven
- Strong business acumen and the ability to forge and maintain relationships. Combining business, technology and budget challenges to produce results
- Solid writing skills and a passion for creating the right content for the right audience
- Excellent people skills to interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties
- A natural evangelist.
- Bachelor’s degree
- An innovative and passionate approach
- Hands-on and action-oriented
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time
- You have demonstrated success planning and executing global product launches, probably with products delivered through the cloud
- Good knowledge of the Data Protection and/or Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) market and products with an appreciation of the operational practices, business functionalities and competitive landscape
- Good knowledge of online marketing strategies (SEO, PPC, social media, etc.)
- MBA degree is a plus, but not required
- Additional languages
Sophos Canada offers a comprehensive total compensation package including vacation, sick days, BC MSP coverage, extended health coverage which includes medical, dental and vision care, RRSP matching.
Posted: February 14, 2018
Closes:April 15, 2018