IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking a Product Owner to join our client in Calgary, AB.
Why work with our client?
- Competitive rates
- Centrally located
- Transit accessible
- Effectively manage and prioritize Product Backlog in support of the product vision
- Work closely with the Product and Development teams to determine the scope of each Sprint, and clearly articulate associated priorities and objectives to the Development teams
- Create, catalog and prioritize backlog items (e.g. epics, features, user stories, etc.) to the appropriate Sprint that guides each Development team
- Work closely with the Sr. Product Manager to empathize with the what (client pain points) and the why (value, impact, benefit, etc.) in order to confidently articulate user stories and acceptance criteria before developers start work
- Develop and articulate appropriately detailed specifications in the form of product backlog items for each story, including acceptance criteria, so they are clearly understood by the Development teams
- Work with a cross-functional go-to-market team (Product, Development, CX, etc.) to manage release plans for Sprint deliverables, and use Scrum processes to forecast deliverable timelines
- Play an active role in mitigating risks and roadblocks impacting successful completion of Sprint goals, by being accessible to the team for questions around stakeholder needs and implications (the what and the why)
- Keep abreast of Agile / Scrum methodologies and best practices, as well as competitor and industry news and trends
Top Skills Required
- 3-5 years of work experience as a Product Owner, ideally in a B2B / Enterprise SaaS environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or a similar relevant field
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Agile / Scrum frameworks and methodologies
- Experience writing user stories, acceptance criteria, and other Product-relevant specifications
- “Comfortability with the uncomfortable,” flexibility, adaptability and general creativity in thinking and working styles, while still upholding the strategic vision
- Outstanding organizational, time management and project management skills, with strong attention to detail
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Previous experience with Jira, Confluence and/or Azure DevOps is an asset
- A passion for software, modern technologies, innovation, continuous improvement and/or self-development
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Why work with us?
- Build a long-term relationship with an experienced recruitment expert
- Access to the ‘hidden’ job market – opportunities across Canada that aren’t posted on job boards
- Get a high-level understanding of market dynamics affecting your industry
- Gain insight into the culture of the company you’re applying for before submitting your profile
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure, and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.