Production Engineering SpecialistTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Installation Products Division (formerly Thomas&Betts),is the number one manufacturer of electrification products in North America with a 125-year history of providing innovation and customer- focused solutions for connecting and protecting electrical systems, as well as a unique differentiated medium voltage offering. Our products are used all around you, every day - orbiting the earth, working on Mars, on the fastest trains we ride, in the fastest cars of the world, crossing oceans, in factories producing your food, in the tallest buildings of the world, in the most modern hotels and in the walls of your home. With a portfolio of more than 200,000 products marketed under more than 38 premium brand names, our Division offerings are found wherever electricity is used. The manufacturing engineer works at our Edmonton Cable Tray Facility. The engineer's primary mandate is to manage projects related to the improvement of manufacturing processes and support the introduction of new products and technologies. He/she shall act as a liaison between the departments of design and production.Your responsibilities
- Manage various projects to improve operational processes.
- Manage various projects on the production floor related to the assembly of products, new equipment and/or product introduction.
- Plan, establish timelines and perform required follow-ups with all people involved.
- Support the production team in achieving their daily mandate: create and update work instructions and methods, optimize tools, manage standard times, etc.
- Comply with health, safety, environment and quality procedures, processes, laws and standards, and integrate these notions into tasks and projects.
- Other related tasks or projects.
- Bachelor degree in engineering, either manufacturing, industrial, or mechanical field.
- 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in optimization of operational processes, using Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- Good computer skills (Office, Access, MRP).
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Accident insurance
- Healthcare plan
- Wellbeing program
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.For the 4th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada's top employers by Forbes Magazine and has been ranked #1 within the industry category. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, and Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process. #LI-onsite
Engineering Manufacturing and Production