26640 Position Type:
Acheson, AB, Canada Location:
You are a motivated team player
who is looking to join a remanufacturing facility. You have a natural ability to work in a safe
and efficient manner
. This is an entry-level position
with on-the-job training provided to successful candidates. Production employees will have the opportunity to advance quickly
to the next wage level/position and grow
within your career. If this speaks to you, this opportunity, at our Spruceland remanufacturing facility in Acheson, AB might just be your calling.
You will be working alongside the best and brightest in the business with an innovative leader
in the forest products industry. The role requires extended periods of using your hands, arms, and wrists while working alongside conveyor belts. This may encompass, but is not limited to:
For this role, you come equipped with:
- Operating machinery, which may include, but is not limited to:
- Re-saw and Chop Saw
- Assisting with the Lath Machine
- Operating a Forklift and Grader
- Managing the Package Saw
- Using the Chipper
- Operating the Trim Saw
- Perform a variety of labour duties to increase productivity and reduce safety risks
- Rotating through various job responsibilities and tasks within your assigned team on an hourly basis. Review work to ensure accuracy and precision. Adhering to schedules to maintain production timeliness. Apply your knowledge, skills, and experience to analyze, trouble shoot and communicate with your team lead and maintenance to get things back on track
- Taking responsibility for contributing to a safe work environment for coworkers, customers, and site visitors.
- Being open to performing other duties related to the position as necessary.
What's in it for you:
- Ability to perform repetitive, manual tasks for extended periods of time including piling lumber, standing for long hours, walking, shoveling, climbing stairs, bending, and lifting up to 50 lbs
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Experience with and/or around machinery and equipment is an asset but not mandatory
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with coworkers
- High degree of urgency and attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new tasks is required
Our people-focused approach prioritizes our employees' safety, well-being, and growth because they are critical to the success of our company. We offer competitive compensation, disability Insurance, pension, extended medical insurance, paid vacation, and an on-site Cafeteria. Don't check off every single bullet point?
At Canfor, we prioritize the right fit for our organization over a strict checklist of criteria. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds may not perfectly align. Our people-focused approach prioritizes safety, embraces diversity,
valuing everyone's unique qualities. We believe that inclusion and diversity are crucial for our productivity, creativity, innovation, and competitive edge.
Our recruitment process is fair and equitable, based on qualifications and experience.
We appreciate all candidates' interest but will contact only those selected for interviews. Our hiring for various positions is ongoing and includes different screening processes such as behavioral assessments, references, and criminal record checks, depending on the role and location.
#CADH #LI-CC1 Job Segment:
Forklift, Warehouse, Facilities, Entry Level, Manufacturing, Operations