26538 Position Type:
Grande Prairie, AB, Canada Location:
You are a motivated team player
who is looking to join our sawmill manufacturing facility. You have a natural ability to work in a safe
and efficient manner
. This is an entry-level position
with on-the-job training provided to successful candidates. Production employees will have the opportunity to advance quickly
to the next wage level/position and grow
within their careers. If this speaks to you, this opportunity, at our Grande Prairie sawmill in Grande Prairie, Alberta might just be your calling.
You will be working alongside the best and brightest in the business with an innovative leader
in the forest products industry. This role is a full-time schedule. Some positions will require days, afternoons, or graveyard shift availability. The role requires physical and mental stamina, attention to detail, and a keen awareness of your surroundings. You will find yourself working alongside conveyor belts, industrial machinery, and mobile equipment. This may encompass, but is not limited to:
For this role, you come equipped with:
- Shoveling, lifting, and carrying boards and debris with exposure to the elements while contributing to the overall cleanliness of the site.
- Rotating through various job responsibilities and tasks within your assigned area throughout the manufacturing facility. Review work to ensure accuracy and precision. Adhering to schedules to maintain production timeliness. Apply your knowledge, skills, and experience to analyze, troubleshoot, and communicate with your team lead and maintenance to get things back on track.
- Taking responsibility for contributing to a safe work environment for coworkers, customers, and site visitors.
Don't check off every single bullet point?
- Safety driven mindset
- Ability to perform repetitive, manual tasks for extended periods of time including piling lumber, standing for long hours, walking, shoveling, climbing stairs, bending, and lifting up to 50 lbs
- Experience with and/or around machinery and equipment is an asset but not mandatory
- Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with coworkers
- A high degree of urgency and attention to detail
At Canfor, we prioritize the right fit for our organization over a strict checklist of criteria. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds may not perfectly align. Our people-focused approach prioritizes safety, embraces diversity,
valuing everyone's unique qualities. We believe that inclusion and diversity are crucial for our productivity, creativity, innovation, and competitive edge.
Our recruitment process is fair and equitable, based on qualifications and experience.
We appreciate all candidates' interest but will contact only those selected for interviews. Our hiring for various positions is ongoing and includes different screening processes such as behavioral assessments, references, and criminal record checks, depending on the role and location. Job Segment:
Industrial, Facilities, Manufacturing, Entry Level, Operations