Closing Date: December 7, 2023
Reporting to the Director, Digital Operations, the Program Manager, Copper Growth is responsible for overall leadership, successful delivery and continuous improvement of Teck Digital Systems (TDS) Copper Growth program.
Copper Growth is a multi-year strategy to provide our world with the copper critical to support energy transition. Teck has potential to develop 10 new mining operations in the next decade. The TDS Copper Growth program has the goal to deliver and deploy technologies for these operations in a cost efficient, consistent and scalable way.
The Program Manager, Copper Growth role is multi-faceted requiring experience delivering multi-year, sophisticated technology-based programs, orchestrating significant company change, interacting with senior executives, and leading a multi-year $100M+ budget. Through dedicated leadership and focused execution, they ensure that technologies are delivered to ramp up our operations timely and on-budget and setup to be sustained in the future.
Don't miss out on this exciting opportunity to be part of one of Canada's leading mining companies and join our team! Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental policies and procedures
- Overall accountability for the successful identification, planning, delivery and handover to operations of the Copper Growth portfolio of projects as measured by: performance on health and safety, business value enabled and sustained, schedule, quality, cost, risk
- Continuously improve the TDS Copper Growth program over time to increase performance, and adapt to organizational changes such as number of new mining operations being developed
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with a broad range of senior corporate and operational partners across the organization to understand needs or risks of the program and provide confidence in delivery
- Lead and run a large distributed team of staff and contract project and technology professionals
- Ensure Copper Growth program teams maintain a close partnership with Teck teams vital to success, such as TDS operational teams, Teck capital projects teams, business units and operations
- Financial management including coordinating budgets, forecast and capital allocation processes
Why Join us?
- Confirmed leadership and management experience in an enterprise organization with at least 5 years of people management experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computing, Business or a related field
- Experience developing strategies and plans for large groundbreaking programs
- Ability to develop and nurture positive working relationships with senior leaders including the ability to influence and negotiate
- Direct experience efficiently delivering costly, multi-dimensional, multi-year programs including: planning, delivery, budgets, operations, resourcing and strategy
- Ability to apply successful partner, vendor management and governance strategies
- Ability to navigate and deliver in ambiguous circumstances including making decisions with limited information, sophisticated collaborator management, changing economic and functional demands
- An analytical mind capable for "out-of-the-box" thinking to solve problems
- Deep knowledge of the mining industry and its operational and information technologies
- Detailed knowledge of program management principles and leadership standard processes
- Practical experience handling projects greater than US$5M
- Strong verbal and written communication skills at both technical and executive level
- Proficient Spanish, both written and spoken, is considered an asset
At Teck, we offer more than just a job - we provide a pathway to personal and professional enrichment. With captivating projects set against stunning backdrops, a culture of inclusivity and collaboration, and boundless opportunities to learn and grow, joining us means embracing a fulfilling and dynamic career adventure.
Teck employees receive access to our total rewards program and comprehensive benefits package that promote physical, mental, financial, and emotional well-being. This includes but is not limited to:
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Profit Share Plan
- Health Spending Account
- Personal Spending Account
- Extended Health Care
- Dental and Vision Care
- Employer Paid Pension Plan
- Life Insurance and Disability Coverage
- Paid Sick Leave, Vacation and Holidays
- Virtual Telemedicine and additional support for overall well-being
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
Salary Range: $154,000 - $190,000
The actual base salary offered is determined based on the successful candidate's relevant experience, skills, and competencies and considers internal equity. About Teck
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution. Qualified applicants interested in joining dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets. Teck has been named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for the six consecutive years. Teck has also been named to the Forbes list of the World's Best Employers for the past two years and is one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People . Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources Job Segment:
Coal Mining, Program Manager, Telemedicine, Equity, Mining, Management, Finance, Healthcare
Apply now »
Construction, Mining and Trades