If the idea of accelerating a historic shift in technology excites you, join us in the AWS Migration Acceleration Services group. Millions of customers - including the fastest-growing start-ups, largest enterprises and leading government agencies - are using AWS to lower costs, become more agile and innovate faster. We are looking for a talented, seasoned Programmer Analyst to join the Migration Acceleration Services team to help design, build, and operate tools that help our team and our customers accelerate their journey to AWS.
In this role, you will be a member of the Client Delivery team tasked with helping guide customers in the early stages of large scale migrations to the cloud. Migration Services tools and programs deliver accurate data-driven recommendations to right-size and right-cost compute & storage, perform application dependency mapping, migration wave planning, and more. This is a new team which will afford you the opportunity to get things setup the way you want from the start and grow with the team over time.
Key job responsibilities
• Develop scalable tools that allow our internal customers to request and manage many different migration assessment types
• Aggregate data sets and develop dashboards to provide decision support to our leaders
• Automate manual workflows to improve productivity of the Client Delivery team
• Problem solve and design technology solutions for the Migration Acceleration Service team and migration customers
• Software configuration changes
• Finding and fixing software bugs
• Developing automated unit and integration tests
• Assist with QA testing and software launches
Improve operational metrics and alarms
A day in the life
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Possess an excellent understanding of the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
• Be able to write Amazon quality code in an object oriented language such as C/C++/Java in a Linux environment & scripting languages (Python preferred) plus basic internet technologies such as XML, JS, CSS, HTML, etc.
• 3+ years of relevant industry experience
• Good written and oral communication skillsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or similar)
• Experience with AWS technologies (DynamoDB, RDS, S3, RedShift, SQS, etc)
• Experience with ETL and SQL
• Experience working in an agile/sprint based environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming