; our operational finance team partners with our project managers and operations leaders every day to create value as a finance industry partner and in a financial analytics advisory role.
We have a Junior Project Accountant position to fill and are looking for someone who wants to develop as an operations finance partner. As a Project Accountant, you will be an essential member of our team and will provide support to Project Managers for the entire lifecycle of their project portfolios.Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSPResponsabilities:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
- Provide support and ensure the maintenance of a portfolio of projects under several project managers across the business units.
- Assist project managers through the financial life cycle of a project (i.e. opening, monitoring, updating and closing the project).
- Ensure that projects are created properly and that the update accurately reflects the value of the mandate, the costs and the expected margin of the contract and that the change orders and purchase orders support the value of the mandate in the accounting system.
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards and company policies.
- Work with the project delivery team to ensure regular project reviews and that planned costs to complete "ETC" and total costs at completion "EAC" are validated and updated and that all financial issues relating to revenues, budgets and profitability are addressed.
- Prepare and analyze project financials.
- Assess the financial risks of projects and participate in updating the risk list and preparing revenue adjustment forms as needed.
- Support the project implementation team on the use of project analysis tools, dashboards, Oracle, etc.
- Support the controllers for the month end accounting closing and assist them with projects that require provisions (revenue adjustments, accounts receivable, work in progress, claims)
- Perform filing of contractual documentation and other relevant document for all business unit projects
- Close projects according to company policy and ensure follow-up and compliance of the write off form for all projects in the business
- Hold a post-secondary degree in finance or accounting
- Excellent communication in English (spoken and written)
- Have experience in project accounting, billing or similar financial positions
- Good knowledge of Excel (Pivot Tables)
- High sense of analysis and organization
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks at once
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Oracle software (asset)
- Have experience in the field of consulting engineering (asset)
- Would like to join the ranks of a dynamic company in full expansion
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance