We are looking for an Engineer/Project Manager, Construction to manage the engineering design and construction of large earth works and liner projects. An EIT or P.Eng would be preferred and you must have hands-on relevant experience. The role is based in Kamloops and requires travel to Cache Creek.
Reporting to the President, the Engineer/ Project Manager, Construction will be responsible for the following:
Develop the scope and objective for projects involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop a detailed project definition and plan for each project
- Coordinate external and internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and budget
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the contractors and all stakeholders
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
Skills and Qualifications
- Prefer a P.Eng but not essential
- Background in construction projects, project management, business skills, budgeting and analysis.
- Excellent communicator and comfortable managing multiple tasks. You also need to be a team player and have a problem-solving aptitude.
- Great educational background, preferably in the fields of project management or engineering
- Proven working experience as project manager in the construction, road building, earth moving sector
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and MS Project
- PMP certification is a plus
Excellent remuneration package including bonuses. Please send your resume to the attention of Kristel Rundmann.
Construction, Mining and Trades Engineering Oil, Gas and Utilities