Finning International Inc.Number of Openings:
At Finning we are constantly working to improve our capabilities to serve our customers, employees, and our partners. We make bold strategic plans to continually transform our business!
Finning is the world's largest Caterpillar dealer, delivering unrivalled service to customers in mining, construction, power systems and forestry for over 80 years. We're proud of our legacy of providing the products and services that fuel our customers' businesses and drive our economies.
We are high performers and innovators, driven to add value to our customers and build and power the communities where we live and work, and look for people to join our team that will drive that evolution and mission with us.
In this 6-12 month opportunity, the Project Practice Specialist will support to create and maintain a project management culture within Finning. The Practice Project Specialist establishes a program to continuously improve our internal capability to deliver successful initiatives including establishing learning paths & training, developing the tools to support delivery, supporting skill development within the business, and establishing a common language aligned with our project best practices (Project Excellence).
The Practice Project Specialist will provide coaching and mentorship to assist project sponsors, program managers and project managers to support their development and improve their project/program success. This role works collaboratively with portfolio managers, resource managers and Digital & IT staff, contracted resources, and various business leaders who have taken the opportunity to deliver on an initiative.
The ideal candidate brings over 4 years of experience in Project and/or Program Management discipline complimented with the expertise of building project management competency within a business. The successful candidate knows how to help others because they have done it themselves! If you have the passion to grow talent, are a master of the coaching process, and have the flexibility to advise new project managers and senior leaders as sponsors, this role is for you!
If this role sounds in line with your expertise, we want to hear from you today!Job Description:
- Provide coaching and mentorship to projects sponsors, business owners, program managers and project managers to support their development and improve the success of project/programs.
- Provide guidance to available tools, best practices and resources
- Provide understanding of the methodology
- Develop and maintain learning paths to support the internal development of our project/program management teams.
- Assist in identifying, maintaining and developing tools (i.e. software, templates, best practices reference) to support the efficient and effective delivery of projects and programs.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a capability assessment model to assess and support the skill development of project and program managers at Finning.
- Support on developing and delivering on an engagement process to assess the risk associated with live projects to provide constructive feedback and improve the successful delivery of live projects/programs
- Support in establishing standard training offerings in market aligned with our methodologies.
- Support the onboarding of project sponsors, project manager and program managers (including those reporting within the PMO and working within the business) to support the success of engaged projects.
- Work collaboratively with the PMO Controls team and Portfolio managers to ensure tools support specific project and program delivery as well as portfolio management objectives.
- Document and maintain best practices.
- Post-secondary education in Business or Computer Science
- Program/Project Management Professional (PgMP, PMP) designation an asset
- Minimum 4 years experience in Project and/or Program Management discipline
- Experience with process improvement/process re-engineering or leading transformational programs an asset
- Consulting experience a plus
- Knowledge of various project management methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
- Knowledge of Finning Project Management Methodology (Project Excellence) an asset
- Knowledge of various programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio
- Demonstrated experience in working with diverse teams
- Training in change management considered an asset.
- Effective influencing and negotiation experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be fluent in English (verbal and written), Spanish would be an asset
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.