Temporary Contract Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
External Posting Description
Deloitte is currently searching for a Proposal/Pursuit Manager who will work within the National Sales Office (NSO). The NSO team leads sales initiatives for the firm and supports Partners and pursuit teams through the development of strategic pursuits. The pursuit managers work closely with senior partners, account and client service teams in developing and executing persuasive compliant proposals.As a Proposal/Pursuit Manager, you will use your skills and experience to:
- Manage complex pursuits while adding strategic value to stakeholders and firm leadership
- Contribute to developing Deloitte's pursuit team, including collaborating with other pursuit team members, continuously refining and improving pursuit strategies, and acting as a main project-manager
- Lead and collaborate with the proposal development team including managing team members (of various specialties, levels of seniority, and global locations) to develop responses to the client's needs, researching and gathering information, and collaborating with the graphic design team and/or pursuit writers.
- Participate and contribute to win lab, strategy sessions and orals presentation preparation
- Coordinate support services, as required/as appropriate (e.g. graphics and desktop publishing services, print shop services, other administrative support, etc.) throughout the proposal lifecycle.
- Administer proposal support tools, including online workspaces and team collaboration tools (e.g. SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, etc.).
- Review solicitation documents to ensure a solid understanding of the evaluation methodology, identifying any areas of concern as possible points for clarification
- Develop strategic clarification questions to procurement
- Develop and manage the pursuit timelines including, status calls, document review cycles, peer review, pricing calls
- Identify areas of risk associated with the progress of the response, provide solutions and/or escalate to leadership
- Provide compliance reviews of responses to ensure strict adherence to all mandatory requirements within the solicitation documents
- Provide mock evaluation reviews using the rated criteria outlined in the solicitation documents providing comments and recommendations on how to potentially improve the score
- Coordinate the production process to ensure the response is delivered on time and as per the solicitation document requirements
- Follow up with the Contracting Authorities on bid evaluation status
- Conduct debriefs, with the purchasing organization to better understand how a response was received, what worked well, areas for improvement, and overall score - convey information back to the Account Team and Leadership
External Posting Qualifications
Get your career off to a great start. What impact will you make?
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5-7 years' relevant experience in pursuit management
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal. Candidate must be able to work with practitioners with varying backgrounds, and to communicate to executive leadership.
- Experience leading teams in strategic discussion
- Experience in direct staff supervision is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to be collaborative and influence others
- Keen listener, with the ability to quickly grasp ideas to be reflected in written documents and presentations
- High emotional intelligence in reading a situation and adapting leadership style to achieve results
- Demonstrated initiative and problem-solving ability
- Attention to detail and exceptional follow-up skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Bilingual (French and English) an asset
We're always looking for people with the relentless energy to drive and push themselves further to find new avenues and unique ways of reaching our shared goals. At Deloitte, we know that being the undisputed leader means empowering our people to be the very best they can be - so they can make an impact that matters for clients, colleagues and the community, and for their own careers.
We offer a truly differentiated talent experience that empowers our people with unlimited opportunities to do meaningful work and to grow, learn, and lead at every point in their career. Deloitte's newly designed offices offer unique workspaces that strengthen connections, inspire innovative ways of working, and provide the necessary tools to help you make an impact that matters. And with our global reach and network, you'll always be part of the Deloitte community.
"Once Deloitte, always Deloitte." Lead yourself. Lead a team. Lead the firm. It's all possible at Deloitte.
Deloitte is one of Canada's leading professional services firms, providing audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services across Canada. At Deloitte, we combine industry insight with a deep understanding of today's local and global business challenges to give our clients the intelligent, practical and principled solutions they need to resolve both today's and tomorrow's challenges. Let Deloitte show you how to push your career to the next level. And let your story unfold.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply