A career in our Accounting and Tax Reporting practice, within Private Company Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help private companies with a range of business advisory services to resolve their day-to-day business issues and to help them achieve long-term success. You will advise clients on their local tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant, and will help them manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. Our team helps our clients with accounting and complex tax reporting. You will focus on planning and executing notice to reader and review engagements; drafting and filing local financial statements; reviewing personal trust and corporate income tax returns, and other tax reporting forms; and will assist with year-end planning and bookkeeping.What to consider before applying
• This role has the option of being based out of our Calgary office. Purpose-led work you'll be part of
As a PwC Private Accounting Manager, you'll be part of a team of problem solvers helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of your comfort zone.
• Act to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
• Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
• Analyze complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
• Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
• Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
• Develop a perspective on key global trends, including globalization, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
• Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties
• Focus on building trusted relationships.
• Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
• Managing interpersonal relations and building the morale of the team
• Reviewing completed financial statements and related notes
• Reviewing personal and corporate tax returns and other information returns and related correspondence
• Providing assistance to clients with payroll, GST and other related compliance
• Ensuring that all work is completed and documented in accordance with our prescribed standards and billed in a timely manner Experiences and skills you'll use to solve
• Strong understanding of ASPE and Canadian personal and corporate income taxes for private enterprises
• CPA, CA or other relevant professional designation
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Experience with Quickbooks, Simply Accounting, Google, Caseware and Tax Prep an asset.
• Strong analytical capacity, sound business sense and creative mind that have earned a reputation of providing excellence in client service.
• Demonstrates integrity, ethical decision-making and behaviors that build trust across teams and with clients
• Experience in review engagements and notice to readers
• Builds a deep understanding of clients' business and needs and independently manages client relationships.
• Seeks out opportunities for innovation, and will consult with colleagues and stakeholders, also acts as champions for new processes
• A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences, developing and coaching diverse teams, and ensuring diverse perspectives are heard Why you'll love PwC
We're inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you'll be a part of amazing teams helping public and private clients build trust and deliver sustained outcomes. This purpose-led work, and our continuous development environment, will take your career to the next level. We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at http://pwc.com/ca/whypwc . Your Application to PwC
We embrace new technology to deliver securely and differently for our candidates. To protect your personal information, apply at http://pwc.com/ca/careers and visit http://pwc.com/ca/applytopwc to learn more about what your recruitment experience could look like. Putting the safety of our people and clients first as we look to a hybrid future
At this time, PwC does not require, but strongly encourages, full vaccination in order to access its offices. Some of our clients may require vaccination and other restrictions to be in place to access their premises. You may, therefore, be required to be vaccinated and comply with all other restrictions where applicable. At PwC, the future ways of work will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual, allowing choice and flexibility to explore new ways of working and collaborating, based on client, team and individual needs.
At PwC Canada, our most valuable asset is our people and we grow stronger as we learn from one another. We're committed to creating an equitable and inclusive community of solvers where everyone feels that they truly belong. We understand that experience comes in many forms and building trust in society and solving important problems is only possible if we reflect the mosaic of the society we live in.
We're committed to providing accommodations throughout the application, interview, and employment process. If you require an accommodation to be at your best, please let us know during the application process.