A career within PwC Private will provide the opportunity to help private companies with a range of business advisory needs such as audit, tax compliance, and planning to help improve their operational efficiency and to free up time that can be spent focusing on business strategy. You'll have the opportunity to experience the entire business life cycle of a private company from inception to growth, maturity and transition. Our team helps our clients design and implement personal and customised service plans that are unique to privately owned entities, entrepreneurs, and high net worth individuals. You'll be assisting the team focus on key issues like wealth management, compliance, cash flow management, equity expansion, divestiture and exit strategies.\n\nOur PwC Private teams help entrepreneurs, private business owners and family enterprises manage their ownership and growth at every stage, in a way that fits the needs of their business in today's changing global landscape.\n\n\nAs an Experienced Manager, you'll help private companies with a range of complex tax advisory needs such as estate planning, shareholder planning, reorganizations and sale of business. You'll design and implement tax strategies that are unique to privately owned entities, entrepreneurs, and high net worth individuals.You will be joining a great team of collaborative like minded individuals whose focus is assisting private clients with their tax needs and bringing in other services of the firm to assist them with their business needsPurpose-led work you'll be part of
As a PwC Private Experienced Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
• Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinions from all, including quieter members of the team.
• Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
• Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
• Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
• Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
• Contribute technical knowledge in the area of specialism.
• Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
• Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
• Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
• Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct. Experiences and skills you'll use to solve
• An interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends, an openness to learning new tools and adapting how you work
• A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences, developing and coaching diverse teams, and ensuring diverse perspectives are heard
• CPA, CA, Master Degree in Tax or Completion of Levels I, and/or II of the CPA In-depth Tax Course is preferred.
• A proven leader with strong business development and entrepreneurial skills
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and manage multiple assignments in an organized manner
• Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills
• Superior problem solving skills, excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
• Strong analytical capability, sound business sense and creative mind that have earned you a reputation of providing excellence in client service
• Ability to manage, develop, retain and mentor junior tax professionals Why you'll love PwC
We're inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you'll be a part of amazing teams helping public and private clients build trust and deliver sustained outcomes. This purpose-led work, and our continuous development environment, will take your career to the next level. We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at http://pwc.com/ca/whypwc . Your Application to PwC
We embrace new technology to deliver securely and differently for our candidates. To protect your personal information, apply at http://pwc.com/ca/careers and visit http://pwc.com/ca/applytopwc to learn more about what your recruitment experience could look like. Putting the safety of our people and clients first as we look to a hybrid future
At this time, PwC does not require, but strongly encourages, full vaccination in order to access its offices. Some of our clients may require vaccination and other restrictions to be in place to access their premises. You may, therefore, be required to be vaccinated and comply with all other restrictions where applicable. At PwC, the future ways of work will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual, allowing choice and flexibility to explore new ways of working and collaborating, based on client, team and individual needs.
At PwC Canada, our most valuable asset is our people and we grow stronger as we learn from one another. We're committed to creating an equitable and inclusive community of solvers where everyone feels that they truly belong. We understand that experience comes in many forms and building trust in society and solving important problems is only possible if we reflect the mosaic of the society we live in.
We're committed to providing accommodations throughout the application, interview, and employment process. If you require an accommodation to be at your best, please let us know during the application process.