Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI) is an industry leading independent game development studio focused on creating revolutionary gaming experiences. It was founded in 2007 by the award-winning industry veterans and creative forces behind Company of Heroes™. Since that time SGI has developed a wide range of games- from original IP, AAA game concepts, to mobile apps, console titles, and even immersive online experiences.
We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and a creative and driven work environment with our passionate team of talented professionals on high quality projects.
As an experienced QA Test Lead at Smoking Gun (SGI), you’re a pro at scheduling and delegating QA tasks, managing multiple bug databases, and being the company liaison between the development and publisher QA teams. You have experience in the creation, maintenance and supervision of executing test cases and checklists as well as a keen eye for detail, strong analytical skills, and a passion for games. Our QA team is embedded within our development team, so you are a fabulous communicator who works well with others and understands the functions of the different disciplines on a game team.
In this role, you will:
- Supervise, direct, and mentor QA test team members;
- Implement appropriate test methods to support product goals;
- Analyze upcoming game content to quickly identify risk areas;
- Demonstrate strong written/verbal reporting skills on the state of game bugs, features, playability, risks, and blockers;
- Create and maintain QA test plans, coverage docs, and test cases for a living product and all phases of product development;
- Own bug database management – tracking, assessing, and assigning priorities;
- Ensure testers maintain a high bar of quality in their game testing and device coverage;
- Be responsible for testing game content for bugs and other defects;
- Proofread and verify written product documentation;
- Have demonstrable ability to maintain strong, collaborative relationships with other Leads & team members within Programming, Art, Design & Production teams;
- Be the point of contact for outsource testing and outsource strategies;
- Work closely with Community Manager for live issue reporting and prioritization;
- Ensure games are signed-off, in a quality state and ready for certification proceses for Console/Mobile platforms;
- Take responsibility for mobile device tracking, rotation schedule & inventory systems.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- 4+ years of QA or development testing experience. Mobile testing experience ideal;
- A proven track record of being highly organized and detailed oriented (bonus points if you can find the spelling error in this job description);
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced & deadline-driven environment;
- Experience in building and maintaining a QA process that works for the studio;
- Experience working alongside a development team;
- Proficiency in Quality Assurance metrics reporting and tracking;
- Strong working knowledge of one or more defect tracking system;
- Experience with test case management tools;
- Experience working with remote, outsourced &/or global teams;
- Strong teamwork, communication and collaboration skills, internally and with external studios;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
It would also be great if you had:
· Experience with games QA Testing
Smoking Gun Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Language primarily used: English
Wage Range: $58,000-$80,000 annually
Information Technology Quality Assurance