Quality SupervisorTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Smart Buildings digitally transforms commercial, industrial and residential buildings for the highest comfort, efficiency, safety and security - enhancing quality of life in buildings of the future through safe, smart and sustainable electrification solutions, services and products.In this position, you will maintain a quality culture in the Emergency Lighting facility located in Dorval, controlling quality with systems, tools and teams to exceed customer expectations while ensuring sustainable operations. Reporting to the Quality & Documentation Manager, you will be in charge of maintaining the quality management system, managing all aspects in line with guidance from ABB Group/division/business area.Your responsibilities
- Supervise the manufacturing quality team.
- Analyze, improve and monitor of non-compliance from suppliers, production non-compliances (printed circuit boards, emergency lighting), and quality costs.
- Participate in new product development activities and engineering changes, and develop test plans to ensure reliability.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place to verify that processes continue to meet requirements and that control plans are followed and effective.
- Ensure the compliance to ISO 9001:2015, including updating quality audits procedures and results.
- Participate in the training of new employees regarding quality processes (e.g. the inspectors at the reception, quality technicians, etc.), and educate staff in the adequate application of quality procedures.
- Maintain the databases and ensure proper documentation related to quality system.
- Bachelor of Sciences or Engineering, combined with 2-3 years of experience in manufacturing environment and quality field.
- Analytical and methodical skills, problem-solving skills, detail-oriented, ability to manage priorities.
- Good understanding of non-quality cost concepts.
- Good technical report writing skills.
- Collaborative, solution-focused approach, strong communication skills, and bilingualism (French and English), both spoken and written.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (primarily Excel, but also Word & PowerPoint), and AS-400 system.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015, an asset.
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Accident insurance
- Healthcare plan
- Wellbeing program
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.For the 4th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada's top employers by Forbes Magazine and has been ranked #1 within the industry category. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, and Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.
Management and Executive Quality Assurance