Recruitment Coordinator (14 Month Contract)
Reference ID: 355302
Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place!
Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements
The Recruitment Coordinator position is heavily focused on the staffing, interviewing, and administrative aspects of the recruitment, hiring, and on-boarding process. Responsibilities include but are not limited to; online and other recruitment campaigns, resume selection, interviewing, and pre-employment screening. This is a 14 month contract position with the possibility of extension. It starts on June 3rd, 2019.
- Proactively identify HR needs from Client Service Managers (CSM) and other operational managers regarding Security Officer and Operations Centre based positions.
- Organize company participation in various recruitment events, including career fairs, liaising with employment agencies, education institutes, and community policing centers. Prepare all supplies needed for events and report on event's success.
- Manage the branch's applicant tracking system posting, activity and follow-up. Ensure job postings are innovative and up to date. Ensure candidates are followed up with in a timely manner.
- Strategic recruitment including posting jobs on the Paladin website and on external recruitment sites.
- Ensure that external job postings are up to date and reflect current staffing needs. Ensure that resume numbers are sufficient to meet organization needs.
- Create innovative recruitment campaigns and ads to attract high profile candidates.
- Liaise and build rapport with employment agencies, community policing agencies, post-secondary institutes, and any other applicable organizations to build recruitment partnerships.
- Coordinate with marketing to maintain and update the Paladin social media accounts for recruitment purposes.
- Proactively source talent outside of the office (may include some travel within the surrounding areas).
- Conduct weekly staffing meetings with managers and operational leads to facilitate open communication about hiring and deployment requirements and progress.
- Complete first interviews with candidates who have successfully completed the application process and prescreen. Use sound judgement to determine candidate suitability for second interviews.
- Ensure that all new employees have access to the ERC and LMS.
- Communicate training requirements and dates to all hired candidates and coordinate with other members of the People and Culture department.
- Ensure all employees earmarked for deployment are expediently put to work. No lag should occur due to operational deficiencies. Earmark other deployment as necessary.
- Document information regarding all applicants in our internal tracking system.
- Upload interview notes and Offer Letters into online filing system
- Assist with employee relations and communication; Participate and help facilitate company-wide community involvement.
- Assist with planning, coordination and execution of Paladin employee events, including any preparatory tasks, as well as, setup and/or takedown.
- Report on KPI's and generate monthly, quarterly, and annual metrics, including but not limited to:
o Resume numbers generated compared to previous years
o Number of interviews booked vs. number of HR Needs
o No Show and withdrawal percentages
- Other duties and projects as requested by the People and Culture Lead.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Certificate, Diploma or Bachelors Degree in Occupational Health and Safety (or related) field
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the People and Culture Lead
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1
Posted: May 21, 2019
Closes: July 20, 2019