About the Opportunity
Our company wide People Development team is currently looking for an experienced, proactive, and energetic Recruitment/Human Resources Advisor to join our team of professionals. The focus for this role is to deliver on all facets of recruitment across all our branches to ensure we are hiring the best people for our work environment. In this position you will also contribute to our team by supporting and advising on a range of other people related activities such as learning, cultural stewardship, coaching, employee communications and HR systems.
Our company-wide People Development team is comprised of 4 full-time members who support a variety of activities across our 14 branches located in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Our team is currently based and led from Kamloops, BC, the original home of Urban Systems. However, we’re looking to branch out and add a team member who will be based in our Calgary office; currently our largest branch with over 100 employees.
In this role you can expect to contribute to the following areas:
- Employer branding and communication – strategy and campaign development, implementation and maintenance
- Developing sourcing strategies for active and passive job seekers as well as campus recruitment
- Developing plans for participation in industry and campus events and career fairs in collaboration with our company-wide communications team
- Leveraging and maintaining the applicant tracking system and conducting related training
- Tracking recruitment metrics
- Developing best practices, resources, and training to support hiring managers through the hiring process
- Managing full cycle recruitment activities company-wide including posting, sourcing, pre-screening, interview coordination, and maintaining contact with all applicants throughout.
- Advising and reviewing employment agreements
- Maintenance and tracking of our employee referral program
- Ensuring effective launch and orientation of new hires by educating and raising awareness of related resources and best practices
- Providing guidance and tracking of work permits and foreign worker credentials
- Being a champion for all People Development related activities and initiatives in Urban Systems
- Contributing to the company-wide team’s development and effectiveness
The ideal person for this role will be passionate about people and is keen to bring their experience and ideas to help nurture a work environment that is considered one of the Best Workplaces in Canada.
Our ideal candidate will be a graduate of a relevant post-secondary program with a minimum of five years of related Human Resources experience with a focus on recruitment. In addition, the ideal candidate will have the following skills, strengths and abilities:
- Excellent communicator and listener - can clearly articulate thoughts and ideas through verbal, written, and oral presentation skills
- Public speaking and group facilitation experience
- Proven ability to works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve common goals and develop, maintain and strengthen relationships both inside and outside of the company
- Ability to build and maintain trusted working relationships
- Familiarity with workplace legislation (Workers’ Compensation Act, Employment Standards, Human Rights Code)
- Ability to adapt to and learn new technology
- Effective time and project management ability
- Excellent attention to detail in all areas of work
- Ability to work effectively as part of a remote team as well as independently
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Curious and enthusiastic with a demonstrated passion for learning
- Continuous improvement focused
- High emotional intelligence
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving and resolution – ability to effectively frame problems and develop sound solutions through engagement, collaboration and consensus.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Able to travel
Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, Urban Systems is an employee-owned inter-disciplinary consulting firm based in Western Canada. In business since 1975, we have four decades of experience working with a variety of clients including all levels of government, Indigenous communities, commercial and residential land developers, and the natural resource sector. Our team of over 450 people, across multiple branch offices, is committed to helping build vibrant communities of all sizes.
Our Commitment to You
At Urban Systems, we make significant investments in our people, which is why we take great care to hire those who we believe will thrive in Urban Systems over the long term. We’ve become recognized as a workplace of choice by nurturing a unique corporate culture that sets us apart and provides:
- Challenging and interesting project opportunities
- A fun workplace, where hard work accomplishes great things
- The opportunity to work with industry leading professionals in a collaborative environment
- Ongoing career development and learning
- Meaningful rewards and recognition
How to Apply
If this describes your background, your skills and your natural talents, please visit our website for more information and submit your resume and covering letter along with a completed Candidate Questionnaire (available for download on our site).
Deadline for applications: Sunday, April 28th, 2019