Finning CanadaNumber of Openings:
As the Regional Procurement Manager for Finning (Canada), you will play a key role in providing strategic leadership and management direction for the procurement & vendor management function within the assigned region. This is a minimum 12-month temporary full time role. The primary responsibility is to act as a business partner to operations, leading corporate-wide procurement programs and initiatives within the respective region. You will serve and contribute as a key member of the regional leadership team as well as the procurement & vendor management leadership team.
Overseeing a team of regional buyers, you will optimize the number and development of a diverse supply base and improve supplier performance management practices. The ideal candidate brings minimum 7 years of related working experience in supply chain planning and operations including sourcing & contract management, inventory management and procurement operations. Complimenting your knowledge in this area would be 5+ years of people leadership experience. Not only are you a subject matter expert in Procurement, you bring an eye for improvement and like to challenge the status quo.
If you bring the experience we are looking for, we would love to hear from you today!Job Description:
- Execute and deliver on procurement & vendor management and corporate strategic goals and KPIs (ie cost savings, process improvements and standardization) through proactive management and active participation with Finning Operations (region), corporate, supply chain management and employees
- Drive procurement & vendor management's corporate initiatives at the regional and local levels and ensure implementation of and compliance to negotiated contracts and agreements and policies and procedures
- Partner with and influence internal business partners within region to ensure early involvement and optimal use of procurement and supplier tools, processes, systems and best practices
- Implement region-wide local sourcing and procurement initiatives and work with corporate category management and contract management on regional requirements.
- Understand local and regional standard operating procedures, workflows and processes and determine opportunities for improvement and standardization across the organization
- Responsible to lead, mentor and coach procurement team members to deliver a high degree of service to internal partners, ensure that corporate procurement & vendor management standards, best practices and internal contract compliancy are adhered to, and achieve financial and process objectives or targets
- Solve situations that may require significant analysis requiring a broad interpretation and integration of issues, integrating new approaches and/or providing input and recommendations to senior leaders
- Thorough knowledge and understanding in end-to-end supply chain management
- Single point of contact (SPC) to the business leadership, branches and customers as it relates to procurement within the assigned region.
- Identify and execute process improvements and standardization initiatives
- Manages resources to achieve targeted results within multiple business unit(s) and supply chain improvement initiatives
- Participate, as required, in cross functional team meetings to discuss initiatives, assess impact, implementation strategies and contract rollouts to ensure effective management of contracts and pricing agreements
- Develop high performing culture and result-oriented organization
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management or related field is considered asset
- Supply Chain Management Association (SCMA) SCMP designation is preferred
- Minimum 7 years of related working experience in procurement planning and operations including sourcing & contract management, inventory management and procurement operations
- Minimum 5 years of related experience managing/supervising direct reports
- Proficient in cost benefit and business analysis
- Proficient in MS Office applications, advanced level in excel and internal systems.
- Experience with Lawson system/MRP or equivalent ERP system
- Experience within larger organizations with a proven track record of influencing authority at all levels and implementing supply chain strategies
- Experience in building highly motivated teams of diverse backgrounds
- Positive, "can-do" attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and passion.
- Stakeholder and change management skills
- Strong leadership, coaching and mentoring skills
- Team player supporting organizational goals and targets
- Strong project management, planning and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong management experience in managing functional activities and tasks through direct reports, managerial planning and integrating support activities
- Travel required for this region
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.