Company: Finning CanadaPosting End Date:
Jul 20, 2019Number of Opening:
.Reporting to the Director of Fleet and Purchasing, The Rental Fleet Asset Manager will be responsible for Rental Fleet asset life cycle to optimize fleet performance, Inventory management of Unitized, Bulk, Parts and Merchandise assets. Fleet analytics real time reporting and actions. This position will also provide leadership support to branch operations to insure fleet uptime and quality are maintained. Safety visible leadership to coach and mentor employee's to enhance our safety culture and improve our safety performance Job Description: Major Job Functions:
- Rental Fleet Optimization- Monitor fleet by individual asset to drive optimum life cycle performance. Work with Branch locations to insure fleet RTR availability targets are met or exceeded. Utilize the information and insights coming from connected assets and use it to make specific recommendations to the performance of the fleet. Manage third Party repairs to improve utilization and cost control (50%)
- Rental Fleet Load & Disposal : Support development and implementation for fleet analytics reporting to individual asset level to improve overall performance of fleet assets and RIOC. Support AOP (Annual Operating Plan) with recommendations around fleet load plan and disposal plan based on fleet performance and forward looking market conditions. Continued visibility and actions to address high performing and low performing assets. (20%)
- Inventory Management & Quality Control . Responsible for accurate inventory levels by weekly/monthly cycle counts to insure correct inventory levels. Implementation of a quality control program to insure green tag standards are met or exceeded, improved fleet availability and quality of assets. (25%)
- Vendor Relationship Management: Represent Rental fleet interests in procurement strategy implementation with partner companies to ensure optimization of spend leverage. (5%)
- Communication Skills - listens effectively; speaks and writes in a clear, concise manner
- Initiative - Self-starting, pro-active, does more than the minimal required. Attempts to influence events to achieve goals
- Analytical Skills - ability to relate and compare data from different sources; problem assessment; identify cause-effect relationships.
- Influence - uses appropriate inter-personal style to gain acceptance of a product or service; acknowledges customer concerns; selects approach appropriate to situation; checks for understanding and agreement.
- Integrity - Maintain social, ethical and organizational integrity in conducting internal and external business activities; shares complete and accurate information; maintains confidentiality; adheres to corporate policies and procedures.
- Organizational skills
- Time Management skills
- Computer skills
- Rental Equipment business
- Re-marketing functions
- Sales and marketing of equipment
- Commercial/ financial acumen
- Strong understanding of the Caterpillar product line and Caterpillar processes (goodwill, product health and structure, etc.)
- Strong understanding of the National Safety Code (NSC)
- Strong understanding of CAT and non-Cat warranties
- Understanding of equipment components and inter related systems
- Business acumen and financial planning, budgeting and forecasting knowledge
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.