Finning Canada Number of Openings:
This position is responsible for developing, promoting and leading a strong rental contract team, including management support to various rental operation functions and the rental process. Additional responsibilities include working with the internal teams to provide accurate forecasting, monthly reporting metrics and taking a lead role on systems & software enhancements.Job Description:
- Responsible for the day to day leadership, recruitment, on boarding, coaching, mentoring, performance & development of the rental administration team.
- Responsible for monthly audits on rental contracts and reporting on non-conformances
- Manage, develop, and maintain clearly defined rental processes and documentation, including innovation from first call to delivery. Implement, and continuously improve effective processes on a timely basis
- Lead any new systems and/or rental enhancement projects, as requested
- Lead, demonstrate and champion a healthy and safe work environment ensuring that all safety standards, policies, procedures and compliance requirements are communicated, implemented and followed
- Lead & Develop the rental contracts team with a strong focus on effectively managing the stages of the project (initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and close out).
- Develop and implement change management system to identify changes to scope and any associated cost recovery and resource management.
- Assign needs and priorities of rental equipment to Branches for upcoming projects.
- Communicates on disputes, negotiating repairs, shop scheduling and estimated turnaround time
- Ensure service, initial and final quotes are auditable
- Support internal inter-branch relationships and collaboration
- Facilitates and executes seasonal equipment readiness
- Manage R&M costs on a monthly basis and accuracy of service invoices
- Manage and timely submission of project accruals to ensure our revenue and costs are within 10% each month.
- Prepare and timely submission of our rental KPI performance each month
- Offer leadership and continuous improvement in enhancing KPI performance
- Assist the management team with various financial function as required
- Facilitate external vendor negotiations and approvals in liaison with Finning supply chain to deliver lowest cost to serve in all areas of our rental business
- Conduct quarterly review of our external vendors against performance KPI's
- Proactively support accounts payable team and external vendors in maintaining good standing. Review, investigate and resolve outstanding payable, non-received POs or discrepancies
- Strong understanding of performance management principles, processes and the principles of high-performance leadership
- Understanding and ability to apply Project Management theory to the (5) phases of a project
- The desire to lead and manage people
- Demonstrated effective leadership, problem solving, and supervisory skills
- Demonstrated commitment to safety culture
- Making decisions involving varied levels of risk and ambiguity
- Adapt to change in the work environment to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Strong communication skills to engage, motivate and lead employees
- Strong negotiation, decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a high paced and stressful work environment with minimal supervision
- Strong knowledge of the Rental Business, process and procedures
- Strong knowledge of the Rental KPIs
- Basic understanding of power generation, temperature control and compressed air product knowledge
- Strong knowledge and understanding of corporate resources and other department functions
- Proficient in MS Office applications, rental man, and internal systems
Education & Experience:
- Post-secondary education in an administrative or business field, or in a related and relevant field
- Project management or equivalent job experience would be considered an asset
- 3-5 years of rental experience and knowledge
- Experience with Rental Man or related ERP
- Experience with larger organizations with a proven track record of influencing authority at all levels and implementing effective rental processes
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Customer Service and Support Operations and Logistics