Company: Finning Canada
Posting End Date: Aug 03, 2019Number of Openings:
Worker Type: Permanent
Position Overview: The Rotating Equipment Specialist serves as the critical subject matter expert for the delivery and execution of our Customer Value Agreements. You will be responsible for providing innovative technical support for field operations, ensuring that equipment repairs are carried out safely, properly, and in a timely/cost effective manner.
You will utilize your deep subject matter knowledge and experience with gas compression repair/maintenance in addition to your strong interpersonal and communication skills to maintain our current customers and support Finning's growth.
If you are looking to have an impact with customers, ensuring the Total Cost of Ownership and highest possible reliability and performance standards are in place, then this position is for you.
Job Description: Major Job Functions:
- Ensure proper maintenance, repair, and operation of Rotating Equipment, aligned with contractual scopes and customer's operation demands
- Provide technical oversight for repairs on all rotating equipment that includes but not limited to: reciprocating/centrifugal pumps, reciprocal/centrifugal/screw compressors, turbines, expanders, fans, and gearboxes
- Build and enhance relationships with the customers to ensure we are exceeding customer's current and long term needs
- Collaborate with Technical Communicators and Product Reliability Manager on any product health issues, relating to customer agreements, protecting the customer's investment and our profitability
- Work with customer to plan services, component replacement and back log items
- Collaborate with Condition Monitoring team validating data insights and providing guidance on data trending opportunities
- Provide technical support to area Service and Field Supervisors, including monitor work executed in the field
- Identify any data insight opportunities for deployment with Technology team
- Evaluate capitalization, operating cost and other contributing factors that Finning and Cat products and services are optimized over the length of the asset's life
- Red Seal trade certification in Heavy Duty Mechanic or Millwright
- A combination of 5-7 years field mechanical experience and 5-7 years of industry operational experience in repair/maintenance in gas compression with engine, compressor, motor, generator, and pumps
- Experience with Caterpillar and other OEMs engines, Gas Turbines, Turbo-Expanders, Fluid Pumps, Reciprocating and Screw compressors
- Extensive knowledge of various OEM maintenance and repair procedures of equipment used in Gas Compression and Power Generation Industry
- Experience with Rotating Equipment trouble shooting and failure analysis
- Strong commercial focus/understanding with the ability to perform data driven analysis of technical and mechanical opportunities.
- Demonstrated leadership, particularly achievement through influencing others
- Excellent communication and customer presentation skills
- Ability to work independently, think strategically and create and deliver on both tactical and strategic plans
- Travel extensively to Finning branches to mentor and focus regional sales teams on opportunities in their territories
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.