Requisition ID: 49210
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Job Purpose:
The Senior Manager Risk Management works closely with the Director Risk Management. There will be a significant level involvement with both Roynat's core and non-core lending and investing activities.
The Senior Manager Risk Management is responsible for contributing to the profitable growth and quality of the credit portfolio as assigned. He/she has responsibility adjudicate on credits within the Credit Authority Levels established for company policy and recommends credits in excess of his/her limits. The Senior Manager Risk Management provides strong direction to the District Offices in terms of management of risk through regular monitoring and reporting, and he/she is expected to provide or recommend corrective action on problem accounts, as appropriate. Key Accountabilities:
- Contribute to the profitable growth and quality of Roynat's portfolio by:
- ensuring loan losses and portfolio profile are managed within prescribed limits;
- authorizing/declining applications for credit proposals within established criteria including:
- Term credits
- Subordinated Debt Credits
- Recommendation of equity investments as required
- providing guidance and counsel to District offices on quality of submission, analysis, presentation;
- recommending credits/investments in excess of limits to Senior Credit Committee;
- providing strong direction to District Offices in terms of management of risk and maximization of equity gains through regular reporting and monitoring;
- providing/recommending action on problem accounts.
- Providing high quality support on credit proposals by:
- analyzing and providing recommendations on applications that meet criteria;
- assisting field staff in structuring proposals to meet client's and Roynat's objectives;
- closely monitoring Roynat's portfolio;
- proactively bringing forward recommendations for problem accounts;
- recommending sound strategies to maximize exit values.
- Develop and maintain sound credit management practices by:
- ensuring thorough investigations and accurate analysis of proposals are completed;
- ensuring the preparation of comprehensive credit presentations;
- ensuring all accounts are being monitored for conformity to guidelines, terms and conditions, and arrears and problems are effectively controlled;
- ensuring knowledge of mezzanine/equity is consistently updated and increased to provide greater support to the District Offices;
- completing courses and attending seminars to ensure general knowledge of equity markets, industry trends, etc is maintained and up-to-date.
- Participating and/or providing 'in-house' coaching on credit administration and credit presentations and providing direction to staff
- other duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of complex deal structures, financing products and services
- Good experience in risk assessment and financial analysis
- Awareness of differing regional tax, legal structures
- Provide leadership to all District Office staff in due diligence, assessment, structuring, training and administrative responsibilities.
- Computer literacy especially in the use of monitoring systems to assist in the administration of loan and investment portfolio.
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving, structuring and pricing credits, and managing and collecting problem accounts.
Location(s): Canada : Alberta : Calgary
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible. Job Segment:
Credit, Manager, Bank, Banking, Equity, Finance, Management