EY's people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax, transaction and advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
We currently have career opportunities for Senior Manager in our IT Advisory Services team, Calgary. The individuals will work directly with clients to transform their business challenges into technology solutions. The goal is to support our clients' efforts to make their business units more effective and efficient and, where required, provide services in connection with the development and implementation of technology solutions. Our experience is also important to the analysis of specific business requirements for alignment with technology architecture, technology infrastructure design, and vendor selection decisions that support the line of business IT organizations of our clients.
This position falls within our IT Advisory team, which helps our clients enhance the effectiveness of Operations functions by assisting them as they shift their emphasis from transaction-level control, processing and reporting to more value driven, decision support and analytics. Responsibilities
Participate in project teams through all phases of the technology enablement life cycle. Lend specific subject matter knowledge to the design and integration phase of each project, helping to give specificity to the appropriate architecture, data model, and system design and interfacing requirements.
Advise clients on a variety of business process services that help identify, assess, manage and measure the organization's capabilities. Team with client technology professionals, and/or third-party strategic alliances to provide implementation of technology solutions. Participate in engagement management, engagement execution and reporting, and client relationship building and management.
We are looking to expand our Practice area to include a team of people with experience in RPA (Robotic Process Automation). This team will work with our clients to help implement such RPA tools as Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, Openspan and Workfusion. You must be able to develop and document RPA configuration best practices, configure new RPA processes and objects using core workflow principles that are efficient, well structured, maintainable and easy to understand. Have an understanding to support existing processes and implementing change requirements as part of a structured change control process as well as problem solving issues that arise in day to day running of RPA processes and providing timely responses and solutions as required. Qualifications
Desired qualifications include:
• Demonstrated experience through all phases of the technology life cycle, including project planning, requirements definition, architecture design, build/configuration, testing and operational transition. Willingness and ability to travel approximately 50-80%. EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
• Involved in IT strategy and transformation engagements (IT long range plan, roadmap, operating model, governance, enterprise architecture, etc.)
• Strong track record implementing RPA Tools (e.g. Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, Openspan and Workfusion.)
• Strong knowledge of Big Data and related proprietary and open source technologies, such as Hadoop, Azure, AWS, R, Spark
• Strong programming skills with Python, Java, or R
• Desired to have: GitHub or DevPost account
• Microsoft Technology (VB .NET, Windows, Internet Explorer, SQL Server, Web Services)
• Scripting languages (e.g., python, perl, powershell, bash, vbs, etc.)
• Approximately 10+ years of related work experience; or a graduate degree
• A degree in computer science, engineering, accounting, finance or a related field; MBA or MS degree preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills, coupled with a strong interest in further developing and integrating operations with technology skills.
• Comfortable researching client inquiries and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices, and new technologies.
• Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
• A high level of motivation, strong work ethic and self-starting attitude.