At EVRAZ, our strength starts with our people! As a team we collaborate to solve problems, contribute ideas and challenge each other to ensure growth and ultimately success for the business and our employees. Job Description and Responsibilities
We are currently seeking a Heavy Duty Mechanic to work in the EVRAZ Calgary Navajo Metals/Recycling facility to perform all kinds of maintenance, inspecting, diagnoses, and repairs.EVRAZ is committed to maintaining and promoting a safe, healthy and injury-free environment. It is required for all jobs.
- Responsible for maintaining all mill equipment at the Calgary Navajo Metals/Recycling facility
- Inspect, troubleshoot, and diagnose different systems including but not limited to: ignition systems, fuel systems, hydraulic systems, transmissions, axles, suspensions, lighting systems, electrical and computer control systems
- Diagnose and repair all types of gas and diesel equipment including but not limited to: forklifts, wheel loaders, service trucks, pickups, dump trucks/trailers and other support equipment
- Repair or replace defective parts, components and/or systems
- Assist the management team with planning projects, providing input and recommendations to safely initiate the most efficient and effective approach
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and ensure that the work meets specifications and regulations
- Responsible for monitoring and inspecting equipment to avoid failures before they happen
- Understand monthly shred commitments to the Navajo Recycling Facility and have the ability to plan for required maintenance to avoid shortfalls in production
- Ability to understand the cost associated with a particular repair and the effect it has to the bottom line
- Perform safety inspections
- Has the ability to mentor fellow employees, sharing skill sets/knowledge and allow for input
- Must possess an Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic
- Minimum 5 years in a maintenance role is required
- Any additional tickers are will considered an asset
- Exercises all safety precautions and makes provisions for handling material and equipment to and from job site as required in connection with work
- Trouble shooting Volvo 120, 480, Liebherr 925,935, 945, Sennabogen 835 and Cat 3512 B
Our total compensation package includes amazing benefits!
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.While we thank all those who apply, only those being actively considered for employment will be contacted. Equal Opportunity Employer
- Competitive wages and bonus opportunities
- Family medical, dental, and prescription coverage at minimal employee cost
- Short and long term disability programs
- Competitive retirement plans
- Paid vacations and statutory holidays
- Apprenticeship and career advancement within the company
- Tuition reimbursement
EVRAZ North America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
EVRAZ North America is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
or call: (312) 533-3577. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. Join a team that manufactures excellence, drives success and builds careers!
Construction, Mining and Trades