Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements
Paladin Security provides security services to Healthcare facilities all over Alberta. We are deployed to ensure the safety of patients, staff, and public, which requires superior customer service skills and the ability to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations. Our presence in these facilities provides unique security experience which provides a rewarding and fulfilling career for our Healthcare Security Professionals.
In addition to ensuring safety and security, our Healthcare Guards gain invaluable experience in violence prevention, de-escalation techniques, and may go on to careers in law enforcement and security services. If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Healthcare Security Guards work in a variety of different healthcare settings. This job may be physically demanding due to the size of the building. This job requires applicants to be able to work both day and overnight shift rotations.
We are hiring full-time
Security Guards to work at the hospitals in Crowsnest Pass, Pincher Creek, and the surrounding area. Some travel may be required.Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service and assistance and sustain effective relationships with clients and patrons
- Conduct proactive patrols to ensure safety and address policy breaches, and note any concerns
- Attend and investigate security alarms and emergencies in a timely and professional manner
- De-escalate crisis situations, provide support and liaise with emergency personnel including; police, fire and paramedic resources
- Exercise crowd control and evict trespassers
- Write clear and detailed reports including incident, emergency, liability and day to day reports
- Provide first aid and medical response when required to any person(s)
- Utilize two-way radios and computer applications to communicate site activities
- Handle Lost & Found items and inquires
Education RequirementsCertification Requirements
- Ability to obtain a valid Alberta security license
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong observational skills
- Ability to make immediate decisions, while maintaining composure in emergency response situations with minimal supervision
- Ability to walk 18/20km and stairs
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Certification Requirements (Any)
Valid Security Licence
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation
This job reports to the Tyrel Gagne
This is a Full and Part-Time
position 1st Shift
, 2nd Shift
, 3rd Shift
Travel is required occasionally
Number of Openings for this position: 5