Safety & Asset Protection AdvisorSlave Lake, AB
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Safety and Asset Protection Advisor assists to ensure compliance with corporate fire protection measures, environmental compliance and assists with the execution of an effective Occupational Health and Safety Program within their division that is in alignment with the corporate Safety Program. The Safety and Asset Protection Advisor is responsible for planning, organizing, advising and evaluating asset protection, environmental and safety concerns within their division to support business objectives and support the business units drive to safety results.Qualifications:
- Three (3) to five (5) years of or combination of asset protection, environmental compliance or occupational health and safety experience, preferably in the forest industry, or equivalent industry experience;
- Previous experience coaching/training people;
- Stakeholder engagement experience with internal and external parties.
- Post-secondary education in Forestry, or occupational health and safety discipline, or equivalent combination of experience & education
- CFPS or CRSP designation or working towards considered an asset
- Experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Comprehensive understanding of asset protection and risk mitigation solutions;
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant OH&S provincial and federal legislation;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively persuade and others and negotiate solutions;
- Auditing background or certification would be an asset.
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by our customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan. And, through our community investment strategy, we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work. Whether we’re providing jobs, volunteering or giving through donations, we work to make our communities stronger and more vibrant through active participation.
When you join Tolko, you’re saying yes to a company that has been built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity they need to build great lives.
We’re more than an industry leader. We’re the place where you succeed as our most valuable resource!We offer:
For more information, check out our latest YouTube video!A Career With Tolko Is More Than A Job
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Diverse opportunities
- An open, innovative culture
- A positive, dynamic work environment
- Technical and leadership training to ensure you work successfully and safely
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
It’s pride in what you do. It’s making a difference every single day, working side-by-side with people you respect.
Explore our opportunities, submit your application, and join a company that works for you, your family, and your community!If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until June 8th, 2019.We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn
, and Twitter
to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.