Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
TD Auto Finance is a dynamic division within TD. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing business focused on providing a robust array of automotive financing options to meet our customers' needs as well as the needs of our dealer partners. In Canada we also finance recreational and leisure vehicles, and serve the Prime and Non-Prime Auto market.
In the goal to become Canada's #1 auto lender we are over 900 people strong including an external sales team located coast to coast, as well as teams in credit adjudication, funding, inside sales, loan administration, customer service, collections and recovery, and our federated functions of risk management, technology solutions, finance & human resources. Our offices are located in Canada in Toronto, ON, Brossard, QC & Nanaimo, BC. Job Description
Under the direction of a Senior Dealer Relationship Manager, the Dealer Relationship Manager (DRM) is a professional sales consultant, responsible for establishing and maintaining productive, long term relationships with TDAF's dealer partners while focusing on business development in an assigned territory. The DRM will achieve targeted volume production through a disciplined sales approach to managing an assigned territory and by providing outstanding levels of service to TDAF's dealer customers. The incumbent performs all duties within established Marketing Policies & Procedures.
- Employ effective business development & relationship management techniques to assist in meeting or exceeding established volume targets for the territory (Retail & Wholesale).
- Use market intelligence and TDAF forecasting metrics to assist in establishing target volumes and corresponding marketing plans that meet or exceed the required growth for the assigned territory.
- Gather and maintain in TDAF's CRM, intimate market intelligence for each dealer with regards to primary contacts, sales volumes, competitive preferences and other pertinent relationship data.
- Monitor and increase TDAF's registered dealer penetration in the assigned territory by maintaining accurate prospect and registered information in CRM and using targeted sales techniques.
- Monitor and increase TDAF's submitting and funding dealer penetration in the assigned region through focused service on targeted accounts.
- Enhance the depth of relationships within the dealership by maintaining regular contact with multiple key contact points within the dealership.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with TDAF' Alliance partners through regular telephone, email and in-person meetings.
- Consult with TDAF's dealer customers to understand their specific needs and objectives regarding their approach and understanding of the special finance market;
- Maintain a high level of industry knowledge with a specific expertise in special finance and it's applications within the dealership to provide consultative service to our dealer partners.
- Provide exceptional and expedient service when called upon by dealer partners for any reason including dealer complaints or dealer issues.
- Oversee the overall relationship with each dealer account within the assigned territory to ensure positive and progressive relationships with each touch point at TDAF.
- Employ effective territory management practices to maximize opportunities and minimize risk within the assigned region.
- Ensure TDAF marketing service levels (Complete dealer contact cycle within 45 days; Average of 5 dealer visits per business day) are maintained by using an efficient, cost effective and flexible territory schedule that is housed in CRM.
- Uphold TDAF's service proposition by ensuring adequate preparation is completed prior to dealer calls ensuring value is presented within each visit.
- Effectively utilize various visit types within the dealership to deploy TDAF' product throughout each dealer account.
- Use market intelligence and field inspections to manage TDAF's risk within the dealer network.
- Use market penetration information as well as activity data to adjust territory scheduling and frequency of dealer visits based on service needs and opportunities.
- Coordinate the field territory schedule with the ISR's internal contact cycle for non-prime business.
- Help prepare, validate and finalize new dealer sign up information
- Maintain ongoing dialogue and open communication with internal TDAF departments and external dealer contacts to ensure superior service to all dealer accounts.
- Communicate product and service changes, promotions and other TDAF information to dealer network in a timely and effective manner.
- Effectively communicate TDAF competitive advantages on a transactional and broad basis to ensure proper product positioning within dealerships.
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge of TDAF Credit & Funding policies and use the information to help communicate decision and policy info to dealer customers.
- Carry out campaign assignments as outlined by department management.
- Liaise with the credit department and funding departments to resolve any dealer concerns regarding individual transactions or any other relationship or service issues.
- Provide leadership to and work jointly with the Internal Sales Representative for the assigned territory to enhance the service level provided, and more effectively market to dealer partners;
- Effectively communicate market intelligence regarding dealer network, competition, economic considerations, TDAF positioning and other pertinent data to the department management.
- Develop a close and positive working relationship with the Credit and Funding teams to enhance the combined service offering to dealer customers and assist in credit decisioning and funding processes;
- Stay abreast of changes in the retail landscape and communicate trends and opportunities to dealer partners.
- Provide feedback in scheduled department conference calls and meetings.
- Complete assigned reports for department managers.
- Network within the Industry to obtain market information and help deploy TDAF' product and services.
- Grow TDAF's wholesale footprint through acquisition of floorplan accounts & maintenance of existing floor plan relationships
- Post-Secondary Education (University Degree, College Diploma or equivalent) or equivalent experience in Finance, Sales or Business Development.
- Minimum 3 years experience in consumer finance and business development
- Knowledge and or relationships in the Auto Industry will be considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong achievement motivation and demonstrated ability to meet sales targets.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to travel, with valid driver's license and reliable vehicle.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Banking, Finance and Insurance