Be in the driver’s seat of your own sales career with a national organization that is a leader in their sector. With a lot of growth potential in this role, the client is looking for exceptional sales people to help grow the business further.
Who - the Company:
Our client is ranked among Canada's largest distributors of electrical material. It is also a major distributor of safety products and equipment as well as industrial supplies. With offices across Canada, each office is set up as its own profit centre which is run like its own independent business. With over 100 office across Canada, you will be part of an entrepreneurial environment with support from a large brand.
What - the Role:
The VP of Safety and Industrial Supplies is looking for his next Sales Management Trainee. The position starts off as an outbound sales role for the Calgary area, but the right individual will be given the opportunity to take part in a Management Training Program, where he/she will eventually manage the sales function of a profit centre.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Develop and prioritize plans designed to address issues within their assigned Profit Centre and attack growth opportunities, thereby improving Profit Sharing per person year-over-year.
- Grow the PC to be in a competitive advantage with respect to market share and continue to grow their business annually at a rate greater than the market.
- Develop strong relationships with key suppliers' local and regional representatives; create and manage annual business plans with them.
- Build strong customer relationships with the PC’s key customers and grow their sales territory gross margin annually.
- Attract, hire, develop, motivate and retain outstanding employees; create a culture of high performance.
- Know and understand all system functionalities.
- Reflect the core values of the PC and the Company by acting and managing in a professional and ethical manner, in accordance with Company’s Policies and Procedures.
- Engage in continued personal and professional development and inspire his/her employees to follow suit.
Who - the Candidate:
The winning candidate is driven, outgoing, and enjoys chasing leads and closing deals. This person comes from a sales background in physical products and has worked in outbound sales for at least 2 years. Also, the winning candidate must be a team player, is self-motivated, and loves motivating those around him/her. Due to the growth of this role, leadership qualities are essential to the long-term success of this role.
Profit Centre in Calgary, but territory is outlying areas as well.
Competitive base salary and total compensation package commensurate with experience and skills. Please discuss further with Swim.
When & How to Apply:
This search is moving extremely quickly! If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out very soon. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit 'APPLY NOW' and send us your resume.
Sales and Marketing