Dedicated Charter Bus Driver
Join the First Student team and be a part of something great! Our drivers provide safe, reliable, and efficient transportation to thousands of people each day. Your Responsibilities:
- Dedicated Charter Drivers are mainly assigned charters during school route times;
- Drive buses in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the GTA;
- May include overnight trips;
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required;
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary;
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all incidents;
- Perform all tasks as assigned by the Company including but not limited to covering school routes, stand-by etc.
- Be safety conscious;
- Be able to drive long distances and have knowledge of the geographic areas in Ontario;
- Have knowledge of CVOR regulations and the highway log book and stay within the guidelines;
- Be comfortable in adverse road and weather conditions;
- Have a clean professional appearance as well as take pride in keeping the bus clean;
- Be willing to accept changes regularly;
- Be Customer Oriented to deliver exceptional customer service;
- Possess a valid B license;
- Have at least 3 years of driving experience;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Able to work flexible hours/shifts as assigned.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Indigenous peoples and members of a visible minority. First Student s an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all. First is committed to providing reasonable accommodation at all stages of the hiring process and encourage all applicants who may require such accommodation to let us know.
Maintenance and Technicians