Requisition ID: 63953
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada's most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada's international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
ScotiaMcLeod is part of the Global Wealth Management (GWM) division of Scotiabank and a division of Scotia Capital Inc. ScotiaMcLeod offers full-service advice and a full spectrum of investment products and services through 750 advisors to over 150,000 households across Canada.
ScotiaMcLeod has earned a reputation for integrity based on our standards of excellence, quality service and a commitment to doing what's right for our clients.
At ScotiaMcLeod, we pride ourselves on the strong team we have developed to support the Wealth Advisors. In addition to traditional administrative support, we also have a number of licensed roles to assist the advisors with their clients, with their individual marketing, and with the growth and development of their businesses. ScotiaMcLeod provides both internal training as well as financial assistance for external courses to support and encourage career path progression for our employees.
As part of Scotiabank, you will see the many benefits of working for an employer of choice - one that reflects the community and one that attracts and retains talent from diverse backgrounds. We encourage open communication, recognize and reward performance, and provide opportunity for growth. Here you will find a workplace enriched with strong relationships, teamwork, contagious enthusiasm and a "can-do" attitude. Assistant Branch Manager Job Description
Primarily responsible for all compliance and supervisory duties for the Branch. The role is to support the Branch Manager in effectively managing the resources available through Scotia Wealth Management and the Bank of Nova Scotia. In addition, the role encompasses sales management, risk management, compliance, business management and general management issues.Key Accountabilities:
- Compliance and Regulatory
- Ensure client complaints, claims, legal actions and regulatory reviews, examinations and investigations are escalated to the Branch Manager and assist to ensure they are handled effectively and corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner.
- Managing compliance within the branch: all daily supervision activities as well as document signing and approvals, trade exception overrides and approvals, Account opening approvals, cheque signing, and payables approvals.
- Advise the Branch Manager of any relevant upcoming regulatory changes so that appropriate compliance procedures can be prepared.
- Coach and develop advisors and other key branch staff
- Work with the Branch Manager to ensure that all staff has established annual objectives that are aligned with the branch business plans and personal development plans.
- Provide ongoing feedback and recognition of branch staff, as appropriate.
- Provide sales leadership to advisors where required.
- Coach, support and contribute to enhancing the effectiveness of the team.
- Assist with structuring and promoting practice management sessions.
- Proactively lead and implement sales campaigns within the branch, tailoring them as required to local markets, conditions, and advisors.
- Develop and implement local sales campaigns to achieve specific branch targets
- Ensure effectiveness of sales campaigns is measured and reported, as required.
- Branch Operations, Performance and Profitability
- Ensure Staff Ratios for the branch are in line with firm policy and take corrective action, as required.
- Ensure real estate for the branch is managed cost effectively and in line with Scotiabank policies and practices.
- Operate the business in a profitable manner.
- Participate in and/or provide input to Wealth Management initiatives that could have an impact on the performance of the branch.
This position requires the following skills and experience:
- Strong self management abilities and results orientation
- Individually motivated & team supportive
- Self-confident, professional integrity
- Strong relationship builder & mentoring ability
- Demonstrates leadership, decisiveness, and possesses excellent communication skills
- Ability to direct & motivate others in achieving goals
- Analytical problem solver and mediator
- Fair and consistent in dealing with people
- Can create a positive community image
- Canadian Securities Course and Conduct & Practices Handbook Examinations
- Branch Managers Examination & Options Supervisory Course (required for regulatory approval as a Branch Manager)
- Relevant sales experience or management experience in financial services
- Two years experience as an Registered Representative (required for regulatory approval as a Branch Manager)
Location(s): Canada : Alberta : Calgary
ScotiaMcLeod and Scotiabank are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs. Job Segment:
Accounts Payable, Branch Manager, Bank, Banking, Claims, Finance, Management, Insurance