ScotiaMcLeod Branch Operations Assistant- 6 month Contract, Calgary
Reference ID: 533686417
Requisition ID: 55882
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada's most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada's international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
ScotiaMcLeod is part of the Global Wealth Management (GWM) division of Scotiabank and a division of Scotia Capital Inc. ScotiaMcLeod offers full-service advice and a full spectrum of investment products and services through 750 advisors to over 150,000 households across Canada.
ScotiaMcLeod has earned a reputation for integrity based on our standards of excellence, quality service and a commitment to doing what's right for our clients.
At ScotiaMcLeod, we pride ourselves on the strong team we have developed to support the Wealth Advisors. In addition to traditional administrative support, we also have a number of licensed roles to assist the advisors with their clients, with their individual marketing, and with the growth and development of their businesses. ScotiaMcLeod provides both internal training as well as financial assistance for external courses to support and encourage career path progression for our employees.
As part of Scotiabank, you will see the many benefits of working for an employer of choice - one that reflects the community and one that attracts and retains talent from diverse backgrounds. We encourage open communication, recognize and reward performance, and provide opportunity for growth. Here you will find a workplace enriched with strong relationships, teamwork, contagious enthusiasm and a "can-do" attitude.
The Branch Operations Assistant's primary focus is to provide branch support to Management, Adivosrs and Associates and to act as the first point of contract for clients arriving at the branch.
1. Ensure a high level of client service by:
• Acting as receptionist
• Answering branch phones lines and relaying messages
• Greeting clients as they arrive
• Booking external and internal meetings
• Ordering catering as required
• Ensuring branch lists are kept current
2. Manage all banking functions by:
• Receiving cheques and certificates from clients
• Issuing receipt to client
• Posting cheque and certificate deposits to client accounts
• Submitting certificates to Head Office
• Depositing cheques at the local Scotiabank branch
• Maintaining a complete understanding of compliance regulations regarding banking
• Ensuring post date cheques are recorded and processed in a timely manner
3. Manage all non-trade functions by:
• Ensuring trade corrections and trailers are entered in a timely manner consistent with regulatory regulations
• Entering all New Issues tickets
• Following up on outstanding New Issue tickets and escalating to management as required
4. Manage all name and address functions by:
• Completing all non online account management (OAM) functions including address changes and shareholder communication information
• Collecting and distributing account documentation from Advisors to Name and Address department in Head Office as required
• Managing account closures by ensuring accounts have no cash or security balances
5. Manage the efficiency of Branch Operations by:
• Maintaining the branch mail system by ensuring mail is opened in a secure area and is distributed in a timely manner
• Maintaining the branch postage machine
• Ensuring inter-office mail is collected and forwarded to Head Office
• Ensuring all courier packages are picked up and delivered and are billed appropriately
• Maintaining records on all prospectus distribution
• Printing and distributing reports in a timely and efficient manner
• Ensuring cost effective ordering of branch supplies
• Maintaining the Branch House accounts
6. Contribute to the effective functioning of the branch team by:
• Building effective working relationships across the team and with various business line and corporate function contacts
• Maintaining a high level of customer service
• Facilitating a culture of open and honest communication
• Actively participating and contributing to touch bases and team meetings
• Encouraging the generation of new ideas and approaches
• Actively sharing knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members
• Developing and executing a meaningful employee development plan
Skills, Experiences and Functional Competencies
• Previous experience in a Support Staff position preferred
• Some supervisory experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills when interacting with both staff and external clients
• Ability to take initiative and work independently
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Knowledge of Microsoft systems: Word, Excel and Powerpoint
• Previous industry experience
• Minimum 5 years in the Investment Industry
• Canadian Securities Course (CSC)
• Conduct and Practices Handbook (CPH)
• Investment Representative Training (IRT)
Location(s): Canada : Alberta : Calgary
ScotiaMcLeod and Scotiabank are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Bank, Banking, Law, Operations, Finance, Legal
Posted: March 21, 2019
Closes: May 20, 2019