ScotiaMcLeod Senior Associate - Calgary, AB
Reference ID: 533733517
Requisition ID: 56315
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada's most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada's international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
ScotiaMcLeod is part of the Global Wealth Management (GWM) division of Scotiabank and a division of Scotia Capital Inc. ScotiaMcLeod offers full-service advice and a full spectrum of investment products and services through 750 advisors to over 150,000 households across Canada.
ScotiaMcLeod has earned a reputation for integrity based on our standards of excellence, quality service and a commitment to doing what's right for our clients.
At ScotiaMcLeod, we pride ourselves on the strong team we have developed to support the Wealth Advisors. In addition to traditional administrative support, we also have a number of licensed roles to assist the advisors with their clients, with their individual marketing, and with the growth and development of their businesses. ScotiaMcLeod provides both internal training as well as financial assistance for external courses to support and encourage career path progression for our employees.
As part of Scotiabank, you will see the many benefits of working for an employer of choice - one that reflects the community and one that attracts and retains talent from diverse backgrounds. We encourage open communication, recognize and reward performance, and provide opportunity for growth. Here you will find a workplace enriched with strong relationships, teamwork, contagious enthusiasm and a "can-do" attitude.
Business Line: Global Wealth Management
Purpose of Job: The Senior Associate's primary purpose is to work closely with an Advisor in the management of the Advisor's book of business by providing effective client service and execution of business development and/or sales related activities.
Reports to: Branch Administrator
1. Generate sales or revenue building ideas by:
• Utilizing an in-depth knowledge of products and services to gain maximum value from existing clients.
• Identifying opportunities to gather additional assets and/or increase revenue within the existing client base and present to the Advisor (i.e. referrals, consolidation of assets, insurance, etc...)
• Managing the execution of New Issue recommendations on behalf of the Advisor
• Managing the execution of transactions on behalf of the Advisor
• Assisting Advisor in development, preparation and presentation of annual business plan.
2. Ensure a high level of client service by:
• Preparing, analyzing, and presenting to the Advisor for review. (i.e. reports and recommendations, financial plans/concepts, insurance, annual trading summary etc)
• Adhering to all firm and regulatory policies by remaining up to date with all the regulatory rules and trading activities as it relates to a client's account and ensuring that any client interaction is accurately documented.
• Providing recommendations for improvement to business processes, additional value to clients, utilization of our Team of Experts, etc).
3. Ensure effective client administration by:
• Following up with clients on missing documentation required as per the industry regulatory requirements
• Maintaining client files and information of the appropriate systems.
• Checking daily trades and all system entries in accounts for timelines and accuracy
• Responding to client inquiries in a timely, responsive manner by
• Resolving issues and effecting client transactions expeditiously and accurately, escalating issues to
Advisor when appropriate.
• Issue instructions for client withdrawals, deposits, swaps and transfers according to client or Advisor's instructions
• Reviewing processes to improve administrative efficiencies
4. Support the Advisor by:
• Entering client trades
• Ensuring the suitability of client recommendations, and that they are in line with the clients' financial goals, objectives and risk tolerance
• Understanding client profiles and that the Advisor's investment strategy being used to implement client objectives.
• Ensuring non-solicited trades meet the client risk tolerance
5. Contribute to the effective functioning of the branch team by:
• Building effective working relationships across the team and with various business line and corporate function contacts
• Maintaining a high level of customer service
• Facilitating a culture of open and honest communication
• Actively participating and contributing to touch bases and team meetings
• Encouraging the generation of new ideas and approaches
• Actively sharing knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members
• Developing and executing a meaningful employee development plan
• Acting as a mentor to junior colleagues and taking a leadership role within the branch
• 2 years of Industry Experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to take initiative and work independently
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Understanding of industry and firm compliance regulations
• Knowledge of back office procedures
• In-depth industry knowledge
EDUCATION AND ACCREDITATIONS
• Canadian Securities Course (CSC)
• Conduct and Practices Handbook (CPH)
• Wealth Management Essentials (WME) prior to enrolling in Registered Representative Training
• Registered Representative Training (RRT)
• Licensing as required by the Advisor's business
• Completed the Senior Associate (RR Only Licensing) Training Program and be granted regulatory approval to be licensed as a Registered Representative.
• Post secondary education
• The Senior Associate would review or escalate any client issues that would put the firm or the Advisor at risk.
• The role operates within a standard office environment.
• The branch is a fast paced often high stress environment often with conflicting demands.
• Seminars and client/prospect events are often held in the evening which can require a longer than usual working day.
Location(s): Canada : Alberta : Calgary
ScotiaMcLeod and Scotiabank are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Segment: Bank, Banking, Law, Administrative Assistant, Business Development, Finance, Legal, Sales, Administrative
Posted: March 23, 2019
Closes: May 22, 2019