Requisition ID: 57672
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada's most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada's international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
ScotiaMcLeod is part of the Global Wealth Management (GWM) division of Scotiabank and a division of Scotia Capital Inc. ScotiaMcLeod offers full-service advice and a full spectrum of investment products and services through 750 advisors to over 150,000 households across Canada.
ScotiaMcLeod has earned a reputation for integrity based on our standards of excellence, quality service and a commitment to doing what's right for our clients.
At ScotiaMcLeod, we pride ourselves on the strong team we have developed to support the Wealth Advisors. In addition to traditional administrative support, we also have a number of licensed roles to assist the advisors with their clients, with their individual marketing, and with the growth and development of their businesses. ScotiaMcLeod provides both internal training as well as financial assistance for external courses to support and encourage career path progression for our employees.
As part of Scotiabank, you will see the many benefits of working for an employer of choice - one that reflects the community and one that attracts and retains talent from diverse backgrounds. We encourage open communication, recognize and reward performance, and provide opportunity for growth. Here you will find a workplace enriched with strong relationships, teamwork, contagious enthusiasm and a "can-do" attitude. Job Purpose:
The primary purpose of the Senior Financial Planning Associate is to provide national support to ScotiaMcLeod Wealth Advisors, Scotia Private Client Group Primary Relationship Managers and Financial Consultants in preparing personal financial plans.
The Senior Financial Planning Associate will help to deliver plans to clients to clients with investable assets of less than a million. The SFPA will also work closely with the Manager, Financial Planning to help manage the day to day operations and people of the Central Planning Group in Toronto. Key Accountabilities:
- Proactively support the financial planning needs of ScotiaMcLeod Wealth Advisors, Financial Consultants and Scotia Private Client Group Relationship Managers by:
- counselling on complex financial planning inquiries
- assisting or completing modelling in the NaviPlan software
- providing answers on related issues such as tax, estate or retirement planning
- creating quick tables using NaviPlan calculators
- coaching on financial plan presentations
- identifying and communicating referral opportunities within each plan
- ensuring that all financial plans assigned are accurate, and completed in a timely manner pursuant to a Service Level Agreement
- Provide Financial Planning services directly to clients below the million dollar threshold by:
- completing the planning process from discovery to plan presentation
- consulting with members of Team of Experts to assist in uncovering appropriate strategies
- ensuring that all financial plans assigned are accurate and completed in a timely manner
- Actively support the domiciled Senior Financial Planning Consultants (SFPC) and ScotiaMcLeod Branch Planners by:
- collaborating on marketing /awareness to increase planning activity in their regions
- assisting in preparation of and presentation of financial plans to clients (as requested)
- Proactively contribute to ongoing professional practice in the Financial Planning group by:
- maintaining awareness and currency of the latest legislative and other financial industry changes that may affect Financial Planning techniques
- writing articles or bulletins regarding legislative changes, financial planning best practices or ad hoc requests from advisors
- developing modeling strategies for the software to incorporate new legislation
- Assist with the compliance and Quality Control mandate to mitigate risk and improve the quality of the financial planning product by:
- reviewing plans completed by Advisors, FCs, and Financial Planning Associates
- checking accuracy, completeness and reasonability of assumptions in Financial Plans created by advisors and other members of the Financial Planning group
- Identifying training opportunities that arise from the reviews
- Contribute to the effective functioning of the Financial Planning & Advisory Services team by:
- Building effective working relationships across the team and with various business lines and corporate function contacts
- Maintaining a high level of customer service
- Facilitating a culture of open and honest communication
- Actively participating and contributing to touch bases and team meetings
- Encouraging the generation of new ideas and approaches
- Actively share knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members
- Developing and executing a meaningful employee development plan
- Functional Competencies:
- In-depth understanding of the comprehensive financial planning process including investments, asset protection, retirement, estate planning and tax issues.
- College or University degree
- Experience with NaviPlan software
- Proficient with Microsoft programs, specifically Word and Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and telephone skills
- Experience in a client facing role with opportunity to provide financial advice
Location(s): Canada : Alberta : Calgary
ScotiaMcLeod and Scotiabank are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs. Job Segment:
Financial, Bank, Banking, Consulting, Administrative Assistant, Finance, Technology, Administrative