Temporary Contract Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
Our Calgary office is currently looking for Seasonal Staff
at the following levels Staff Accountant 2/ Senior Accountant/Manager for Audit- Private . At Deloitte, we recognize that work-life fit is important. That's why we're committed to giving our people the choices and flexibility they need to be at their best, and stay at their best. Individuals hired for these roles will have the opportunity to work with us for part of the year, and then take time off to pursue the things that are important to them. These opportunities are ideal for people who want to travel, take summers off, volunteer, teach, or run their own business. We know the days of one set path to career success are over. Join Deloitte and find the flexibility to build the life you want and develop your career
External Posting Description
As in Audit
•Work primarily with private companies
•Manage the overall engagement from planning to completion of financial and audit statements
•Stay abreast of technical and industry developments
•Actively mentor and coach team members to their highest potential
•Create a learning environment through leadership
•Assist in the recruitment and training of junior practitioners
•Be active in the marketplace and Identify and lead business development opportunities both within existing clients and new proposal opportunities to grow and build the practice
•Provide value added consultative solutions to our clients on current business and financial conditions
Your role a
• Embrace and live the firm's purpose - to make an impact that matters - by pushing yourself and your team to identify solutions to challenges that are most important for our clients, people, and society
• Develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
• Deliver exceptional client service by maximizing results and driving high performance from people, while also fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
• Influence clients, teams and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships
• Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, and align people to them to set appropriate priorities and direction
External Posting Qualifications
•Completed undergraduate degree with outstanding academic credentials
•Must have CPA designation or equivalency
•Minimum of 3 years accounting experience
•Strong accounting and audit knowledge
•Must have strong knowledge and experience with Canadian ASPE in audits of private companies; working knowledge of the Canadian Income Tax System would be an asset
•Commitment to professional and client service excellence
•Superior verbal and written communication skills
•Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities
•Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations, project profitability and team leadership
•Demonstrated evidence of strong leadership in creating a learning environment
•Ability to anticipate the long term impact of all decisions and take a broad approach to problem solving
Please note, in addition to considering full time candidates, we would also consider individuals that are interested in a seasonal or a flexible work arrangement after busy season.Why Deloitte?
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply