Reference ID: 345863
Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place!
Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
The Security Administrator will provide support to the Client Service Manager will assist with the day to day administration within the Bow's security department. The Security Administrator will provide a representative for Paladin in an administrative Supervisory capacity at the site on a regular basis.
The Security Administrator will work closely with the in-house Security Supervisor, Security Coordinators and Team Leads, to assist in achieving contractual departmental goals for the Security department and will focus on performance management and individual development in support of continued high standards.
Job Skills / Requirements
The Security Administrator will assist with the administrative duties and oversight of the security personnel at the Bow. The Security Administrator will assist the Paladin Client Service Manager (CSM) and the Bow's in-house Security Team with establishing and maintaining an effective and professional workforce by focusing on: (1) hiring/retaining great people; (2) training to a high standard; (3) mentoring and motivating; (4) equal and ethical treatment; (5) recognition and reward, and; (6) leading by example.
The Security Administrator will support the Bow's in-house Management structure in administering the Security program, and ensure Security personnel are up to date on both Paladin and HR REIT policies.
The successful candidate must be willing to work shifts, i.e. 1 PM to 9 PM, and be flexible as per operational requirements.
• The Security Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day administrative supervision of the Security team comprised of Patrollers, Lobby / Concierge Staff, Loading Dock and a number of front-line security personnel and will address staff administration in a timely manner, including, but not limited to:
o Scheduling requests;
o Vacation requests;
o Disciplinary/accolade citations;
o Probationary and annual evaluations;
o Core Staff requests;
o Special services management;
o Uniform inventory management (site);
o Approve dry cleaning charges
• Acts as a True Employer liaison between contract staff and in-house supervisory staff
• Promote Paladin Security Group's culture on site
• Assist the Bow's in-house management team with a variety of operational duties required for the site, e.g. monitor the TackTik reporting system for deficiencies; corrective and remedial action for emergency response deficiencies; participate in coaching and motivational discussion between the client and Paladin's personnel, etc.
• Schedule, implement and track all Security Department training and education in line with the Bow and industry standards to enforce compliance and follows up to ensure training is completed in a timely manner
o Promote the training through Paladin's LMS system
o Individually work with the members of the team to ensure compliance with the grade advancement SOP to ensure compliance and timely grade advancements.
o Works with the Paladin Security Client Service Manager (CSM) to review Grade advancement requests before submission to the client.
• Manages and maintains the OHS program at the Bow
o Complete all OHS site orientations and training of contract security personnel.
o Review and update all Hazard assessments and recommendations yearly.
o Ensures distribution and compliance on monthly safety talks
• Respond to emergency and security-related incidents as required, and conduct other operational duties as assigned by the CSM.
o Assist the Bow in-house staff in the review, assessment and correction of training deficiencies identified in all emergency drills
• The Security Administrator is to ensure that all aspects of the conduct of security personnel at the Bow are of the highest standard.
• Support the Paladin Client Service Manager (CSM) in administering and ensuring conformance with the security services contract and ensure that individual and team objectives set within the Security Department are achieved to a high and consistent standard.
• Other administrator duties as identified by the Paladin Client Service Manager (CSM)
Personnel & Staffing in Partnership with the in-house Client Supervisory staff
• Focus on self-management and personal development by identifying personal and career goals and taking steps to address gaps between current knowledge/skill levels and the changing requirements of the role.
• Provide leadership in the workplace through exemplary personal conduct and by inspiring and rewarding both individual and team efforts.
• Manage people performance through a focus on ongoing performance management and by establishing, monitoring, evaluating, and following up on, key indicators of individual and team performance.
• Develop productive working relationships with colleagues by understanding their roles, objectives and interests, and consulting with them in relation to key decisions and activities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Completion of Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
• A minimum of 3 years working in a security services environment, ideally in positions of increasing responsibility - or equivalent work experience
• A minimum of 2 years of security supervisory experience, ideally at a High rise complex - or equivalent work experience
• Community college diploma (or equivalent qualification) in Security/Life Safety, Risk Management or Criminology-related discipline is preferred
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Certificate, Diploma or Bachelors Degree in Occupational Health and Safety (or related) field
Non Violent Physical Crisis Intervention
Post secondary education in law enforcement from a recognized insititution or equivalent experience
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Client Service Manager
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1
Posted: March 19, 2019
Closes: May 18, 2019